Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

What color shoes with aqua BM dresses?

My bridesmaids' dresses are an aqua/pool/bright blue color, and I'm having trouble thinking of what color shoes to go with??  I think dyed blue shoes might be a bit much, so I was thinking of going the gold or silver route, so at least they could wear the shoes again?  The dresses themeslves are strapless, sweetheart neckline, mid-calf length, iridescent taffeta...sort of semi-formal I guess.  I don't really care (at this point) if they all wear the same shoe or not, but I just need advice on the gold vs. silver thing.

Thanks!

Re: What color shoes with aqua BM dresses?

• Options
    What are the colors of your wedding? If there is a color besides aqua would gold or silver look bad with that color? My brother and his wife had pink and aqua for their wedding colors. The bridesmaids wore aqua and we had black patent peep toe pumps that looked nice.
    I would say gold or silver would work fine :)
  • Options
    Our colors are this aqua in the BM dresses & a pistachio/mint green...flowers are going to be a very spring mix of pink/yellow/white/green.   The invites we love have touches of black, and I'm thinking of doing black & white damask runners on the tables at the reception, and black chairs (the floor design is black & white squares so i thought it'd be nice to have touches of black to tie it all together!). 

I just didn't know if there was some "rule" out there for what goes with blue, gold or silver?  You know how there are rules for everything in this wedding thing!!  ;-)
  • Options
    I would think silver would look better than gold, but it depends on whether your overall palatte skews warm or cool.

You're right that it really doesn't matter.  No one wil notice the bridesmaids' shoes, even with short dresses.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Silver or save them some money and tell each one to wear black shoes of her choice - it'd be appreciated I'm sure!
  • Options
    I would go with gold or silver depending on the other accessories.  Have you asked your BMs what they think?  They will probably be the best judges of what will work with the colors.

Black would work, but I'm worried that it might be too contrasting.  Silver or gold also work well for an evening shoe that the BMs could wear later.

My BMs are wearing dark purple dresses with black shoes, and I haven't decided between silver or white shoes for me.  I'll probably do silver, because then I will want to wear them again later.  They have to comfortable after all!
  • Options
    I vote silver.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    I'd go with silver, or even a gray or pewter color.  I think a strappy black shoe would work better than a more covered shoe like a peeptoe or pump, personally.  The greater amount of black may look a bit strong for the lighter dress color.
  • Options
    My girls are in dark blue... but blue. I just said for them to get what ever silver shoe they want. So I vote silver
  • Options
    I say silver.

My girls also wore whatever shoes they wanted. Three wore gold (dark brown dresses), but one had detailing on her dress that made silver shoes look better, so she wore silver.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    White or Cream. Two words. Very Re-wearable.
  • Options
    Silver strappy sandals.  Very rewearable (silver is neutral) and will look nice.  I think gold could be good too, but there is probably a higher possibility that some of your girls already own strappy silver sandals.

My girls wore strappy silver sandals with grape purple dresses and it looked great.  Even better, 3 of the 4 already owned them!
  • Options

Easy!  How many gals already have silver shoes?  How many already have gold shoes?  Always better to wear shoes that have been broken in…

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards