Attire & Accessories Forum

Help...I really would love to see a pic of the bridesmaid dress I just picked!!

I just chose Bill Levkoff #550 for my bridesmaids. But in the store, the girls didn't really like the dress because it was black with an ivory sash...I liked the dress so I went back to the website and chose the color (Euro Eggplant). I LOVE it. But I can't find anyone's wedding pics with the dress for their bridal party. Anyone use this dress??? If so, I'd love to see pictures of it on your bridal party! Please help!!

Re: Help...I really would love to see a pic of the bridesmaid dress I just picked!!

• 550 is not a style. I thought the dress numbers were 4 digits long.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • If you go to billlevkoff.com and type in 550 in the style box, it will come up...I have the print out here. I'm 100% sure it is a style since I am ordering it.
  • I know this is not what you asked, and I am not trying to be rude, but did your bridesmaids try it on in the store and not like it?  I am assuming that even if it was a different color they can use their imagination and picture it in the correct color.  I do not think showing them a picture of real people who look nothing like them or have their body shape will make them all of a sudden like the dress.  If they did not like how the dress looked on them, you really should find another dress.  If it was just the color that they did not like, just show them the color on the website, that should be good enough if you can not find another picture.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_helpi-really-would-love-see-pic-of-bridesmaid-dress-just-picked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:8326fd1b-3f18-4e3a-85d5-a9b59ed8801ePost:336aaee1-bdc6-4dc4-bf61-0c107a3315b1">Help...I really would love to see a pic of the bridesmaid dress I just picked!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just chose Bill Levkoff #550 for my bridesmaids. But in the store, the girls didn't really like the dress because it was black with an ivory sash...I liked the dress so I went back to the website and chose the color (Euro Eggplant). I LOVE it. But I can't find anyone's wedding pics with the dress for their bridal party. Anyone use this dress??? If so, I'd love to see pictures of it on your bridal party! Please help!!
    Posted by jmklein80[/QUOTE]
    You aren't clear as to why the girls didn't like the dress.  Did they like the dress but just not in black with ivory or did they not like it at all?

If it was just the color they didn't like, just show them the picture on the website in the Euro Eggplant.  If it was the dress itself and you're just hoping to sway their opinion by showing them a different color, I wouldn't do that.

I assume the girls are paying for the dress and they have to wear it so they should get a say in the dress that is chosen.  If they don't like it, there are thousands of other dresses out there and I'm sure you could all come to an agreement on one.
  • I am a ding dong. I went to Jim Hjelm. My bad.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • I appreciate the advice...just honestly looking for pictures of a bridal party with it on. Just getting an idea of what pics might look like. I love the dress...my matron of honor (sister) and cousin (bridesmaid) are happy with the dress (trust me, my sister would tell me!) I just wanted to see pictures. This is the dress...It's the one I want, not out of the price range or anything. I just wanted to see actual pictures with it is all. Anyone have any?
  • I did a search to see if I could find any real weddins with those dresses but I couldn't find any.  I understand where you are coming from but at the end of the day I feel like no matter what dress you would pick for them for your day they will never wear it again.  One of my BMs didn't like the dress I picked but it was the color it was in.  You are not going to be able to make everyone happy.  Its your day and someday they will have theirs.  You pick the dress that matches for your wedding.  I was in several weddings and I can only think of one wedding that I actually liked the dress.  I didn't care because it wasn't about me.  It was about the bride and groom.  :)  GL! 
  • I looked too, couldn't find any.  Good luck!
  • Thanks Ladies! I went to a different store and saw it in a better color and tried it on myself. I figured if I was comfortable in it, then it would be good. And I was...it was really comfy for a dress! And I loved it more in person and not in black! Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards