New Hampshire

NH Mansions/Estates to rent?

Hey everyone, I was recently in Hampton NH and saw several beautiful mansions/estates, some for sale. I was wondering - does anyone know of any places that allow weddings at the estates?

Re: NH Mansions/Estates to rent?

• DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Historic New England runs many old, grand historic properties, including the Governer Langdon House in Portsmouth.  Not all of them allow weddings, but many do.  You can find more information on their "Historic Sites for Special Events" page:
    http://www.historicnewengland.org/historic-properties/function-rentals
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    sometimes if you look at homeaway.com they will show what properties are for rent, and you can contact the owner for further information on events allowed. Thats how my FSIL found her venue in Tamworth :-)
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    That's a great idea! I'm going to look into this as well. I've been checking out mansions, but the only one's I've loved are all the way in Rhode Island. It's only 2 hours-2.5 hours from Manchester, but I'd love to stay in NH-- especially to save on tax. 
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck... estate weddings are romantic and gorgeous!

Just keep in mind that some of these places might be a lot of work if they aren't experienced with weddings, because in addition to the basic venue fee/deposit, you'll probably on your own and in need of finding an outside caterer, bartender, coordinator, tables/chair rentals, linens, etc.  It can add up quickly and can be a lot of work, but definitely worth it if you're up to the challenge.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards