Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

suit/tux color for outdoor july wedding

Hoping you guys can help me with this. My wedding will be in San Diego in July, outdoors at a marina. The bridesmaids will be in short navy blue dresses, and the flowers are going to be pink/fuschia (think orchids). So what color should the guys wear? I'm definitely against navy blue, so I'm deciding between charcoal grey, tan, and black.

Re: suit/tux color for outdoor july wedding

• Options
    What does your FI want?
  • Options
    I am using the SAME colors and having my wedding in a marina too!  Except I am having my wedding on the east coast.  I know you said navy is out, but what I am doing is a navy blue blazer with khaki suit pants and a pink and navy striped tie.  If you don't like that idea, khaki suits would probably look best.  If I went that route, I would have done navy button down shirts underneath.  That was my other option but I really wanted the "Cape Cod tuxedo" look.  It might be a New England thing but it's worth looking into.  Hope that helped!
  • Options
    We're having an outdoor August wedding on a lake. My girls are wearing short navy dresses  and having yellow bouquets nd the guys are wearing navy suits with yellow striped ties. PIB : )

My vote it for a grey, tan or navy. What does your FI want?
  • Options
    I like a charcoal grey suit for summer. It's not as harsh as black.

We're having a July wedding with pink/green as color combo. Initially we wanted khaki, but it looked HORRIBLE on FI - it looked like khaki just threw up all over him.

My vote: charcoal grey!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards