New Hampshire

FATHER DAUGHTER SONG HELP!!!

I am looking for a light father daughter song (think "my Girl"). I don't want to do something that is OVERUSED, it also absolutely cannot be SAPPY or COUNTRY. I just really don't like country music. My dad and I aren't very close and something that has a happy light tune that is short would be awesome.. Any ideas?

Re: FATHER DAUGHTER SONG HELP!!!

• edited December 2011
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow/ What a Wonderful World- Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
    Rainbow Connection-Kermit the Frog or Jason Mraz

I had my Dad picked our song which I had never heard prior to my Dad showing it to me.  "Times of Your Life" by Paul Anka

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    L. O. V. E. - FRANK SINATRA? its light and upbeat.
  • edited December 2011
    I also let my dad pick the song and he picke To Sir With Love by LuLu.  It was something I'd never heard before, but it was sweet, not too sappy, and it was just the right lenth.  We also didn't want country or something overused.  HTH!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    I know a lot of daughters and sons who aren't close to their moms or dads end up using what a wonderful world by louie armstrong. In that sense, it's probably overused. But I second over the rainbow. The other thing too, check with your DJ. I know mine was LOADED with suggestions and we ended up changing our grand entrance to something TOTALLY unexpected and I'm psyched about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • Megglez2008Megglez2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin and uncle started out to something sweet for their father daughter song, then broke into the Twist. Maybe something more fun like that would make you both feel comfortable? I also think To Sir With Love is a wonderful song.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards