Attire & Accessories Forum

What do you think?

My mom and I are planning on going dress shopping in two weeks, but I've found this one online and get swoony. I'm definitely going to try some on in store, but am keeping this one in mind. They have a great return policy. I'm 5'2'', 112. 

Re: What do you think?

• Not my style, but it is a very classy and more casual bridal look!
  • I was in the same position... totally in love with a dress that was an online only item. But I went dress shopping with my mom looking for a similar style so that I could see if the look worked for me... and I found a dress with all the elements I was looking for and I look absolutely stunning in. Looking back at the pic of the online dress... it def falls short of the dress I bought.

Go shopping, try on dresses in the style you want. Nothing beats the experience of trying on wedding dresses! Bring the listing of the online dress and see if you can find a similar match.. and if you're not finding what you're looking for- go with the one online :)
  • I really think a lot of empire dresses only look good on pregnant women.  I also don't think that even remotely looks like a $500+ dress.  Sorry :(
  • QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I'm sorry, I'm not excited about that dress either. It sort of reminds me of a very fancy nightgown.  :(       Make sure you try some on in that style when you go shopping.   I honestly don't think those flowy empire waist gowns look that good on anyone other than someone pregnant who is trying to hide a baby bump.

I agree with Liatris though. If you love it, that's all that matters.
  • I am with the other ladies on this..while it is beautiful, I am the exact same measurements as you and I couldn't wear this dress because It wouldnt flatter me. However, if you love it and feel beautiful in it, then go for it!!
  • Thanks, ladies! I think I might just be getting swept up. I'm definitely going shopping in a store in two weeks so hopefully I'll be able to try on something similar. If not, they have a great return policy, so if I feel like I have to try it on, there's nothing to loose. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards