Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

discouraged about the dress i believe to be "the one"--need advice

i fell in love with it in the store. i knew there were some issues about the top and "the girls" having to be tucked in more/dress tightened in that area. i have 2 spots i needed to cover, a kind of double pouch on my stomach and those horrible muffin top/lovehandle things.
so "the one" can in theory cover all this, its all runchy in the front and 1/2 to 3/4 of the back. (btw, i did buy one of those tummy slimmers that seemed to work while trying this dress on. when i stood sideways, just last night at home though that's all i could see was the 2 things i was trying to hide!!!!!!!!!
i need something really good for the muffin top more than anything, i'm sure the seamstress can tighten the boob area. i don't want to spend SOO much on it though, about $50-60. any good stores to recommend to find this??? before i go to the seamstress i want to make sure this is "the one".

Also, my mom suggested looking around some more and maybe i'll find something else.....it may just be also needing to diet &/or being self-consciece for my big day, not a feeling that i want to have....
any advice???????

Re: discouraged about the dress i believe to be "the one"--need advice

• Options
    Did you happen to take pictures of the dress?  Of course all YOU can see is your flaws.   But if you don't feel totally comfortable in the dress, it's not 'the one'. 
    murrayed
  • Options
    actually i threw a lil "bridezilla"fit b/c of a comment my mom made, so didn't even get to the point of taking a pic......maybe try again in a better mood....
    still need to find those shapewear things though either way i'm sure..
  • Options
    I got my shapewear off Victoria Secret.
  • Options

I was worried about my tummy pouch and getting my dress a size up helped because it gave me just a little more room in the waist. 

• Options
    i sooooooooo wish i could do that. i found it at macy's and it was the last one. huhm, i'll look at their website and even check a diff macy's  to see if they have it right there in store to enrsure it will work.
    great idea though! thanks!
  • Options

Get SPANX- they have pairs that go from right under your bra to your knees with control top for the tummy.  They are WONDERFUL. They are not exactly pretty but they really help. You can buy the at Dillards, Nordstrom and a lot of boutique stores.

• Options
    Would love to see pictures. But if you feel unsure, keep looking. Don't just settle. You don't want to have to squeeze yourself into anything.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    exercise? maybe that would help
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker ~be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
  • Options
    If you are having doubts now I would suggest that you look around some more. Don't count on your ability to lose weight, because what will you do if you can't lose the weight? I also suggest a corset back dress. I have a tummy and big boobs. My dress is a corset and when its cinched up everything looks great...and no need for a bra. Its awesome. Everything seems to be redistributed into a great hourglass figure.
  • Options
    Is the dress satin?  I have noticed while trying on gowns that satin seems to show and really accentuate any bumps or bulges. 
    I know that some foundation garments are more sturdy and heavy duty than others.  Make sure you get some that do not roll down like the ones I have tried, so that you can dance and have fun at your wedding.
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards