Attire & Accessories Forum

Help! Can't decide on bridesmaids dresses!

I'm having a tough time figuring out what to do for my bridesmaids dresses.  There are several dilemmas:

1)  I'm a little picky.  I want the bridesmaid dresses to have something in common with the wedding dress, just so it looks cohesive.  (It's the designer in me)  I'd like to select one that has a V-neck front and back, since that's a feature of my wedding dress.  This narrows down the options significantly.  Most bridesmaid dresses are strapless.  I do not want bridesmaid dresses to be strapless, that's probably my number one requirement-we need straps!

2)  At first I looked at David's Bridal because it's convenient and affordable, and my bridesmaids are from all over, and there's always a David's Bridal close enough to drive to, usually, no matter where you live.  I also need them to be affordable because my sweet bridesmaids are traveling, I don't want them spending an arm and leg for this wedding.  There's only one or two dresses that I'm ok with (don't love).  On top of that, the closest color they have to navy blue (which is our main wedding color and the color I'd prefer the dresses to be), is the marine color.  I love the color...it just doesn't match all the other navy elements of the wedding.  Eh...

3)  Despite the fact that our wedding is going to be an outdoor wedding in May (in SC) and in the evening.  I wanted them to wear short dresses because they are cuter usually, cheaper, and more comfortable in the SC heat.  I found a chiffon, knee length dress, that was EXACTLY what I envisioned, online.  In my opinion, it was perfect because it's a dress that you can wear on a nice date, even to church, but can be formal with a nice pearl necklace.  I'd like the girls to be able to use it for more than the wedding. My fiance' would like him and his groomsmen to wear tuxes. (Correct me if you think I'm wrong), but I'm thinking that tuxes may be too formal for knee length dresses.  The fiance' hasn't asked for too much, so I want him to wear what he wants, so I need to adjust to him on this one.   I think I may have to go with long dresses, which is probably what I should do for an evening wedding anyway... 

So, the problem is, I can't find any long, affordable dresses that meet all my needs (v-neck, long, affordable, elegant) that I like.  The one short dress I liked online is from a vender that doesn't have the best of reviews (Milanoo), so I'm a little hesitant.  I did find one similiar from another online vender, but now, I'm so confused on what to do!  Long or short?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards