Attire & Accessories Forum

Wedding Dress Trouble!!!

Ok my wedding is March 20th. I bought my dress about 9 months ago because I found  it for a really great price. Ok I have stored it the way the dress shop told me to (dark closet, wrapped in a 100% cotton sheet, the bag half way zipped). I pulled it out the other day and it looks like it has changed colors a little bit. It is a champagne color dress but it seems to have gotten a little darker. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Im starting to stress out  cuz if I cant fix it im going to have to find another dress  and have it altered and dont have much time left.

Re: Wedding Dress Trouble!!!

• Is the change in color even through out the dress or is it splotchy?  Do you or anyone smoke in the house?  Take it to the dry cleaners and see what they can do.  If it's an even color change then I would just deal with it and not stress about getting a new dress in time (unless you really just want a new one).  Good luck.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If it is an even color throughout, maybe it is just the lighting in the room you looked at it in.  Wedding dress shops tend to have flourescent lighting, while your home might have softer lighting.  It could make a significant difference in the coloring in the dress.
    Anniversary
  • I'm thinking it's just the lighting that you have, take it outside to see if it really is a differnt color.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-dress-trouble?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:9ba107b0-2b15-454a-91b7-4c5e22d03fbdPost:87f4dd3b-6c92-4969-81af-bba024199c1b">Re: Wedding Dress Trouble!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking it's just the lighting that you have, take it outside to see if it really is a differnt color.
    Posted by Vikki2pay[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this as well. Unless someone smokes, a dress shouldn't change colors over such a short time frame. I had a dress stored like that, except not in a dark closet, for over 5 years and it never changed colors.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-dress-trouble?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:9ba107b0-2b15-454a-91b7-4c5e22d03fbdPost:0133d605-ebb6-42c8-a601-1cb2b3a38fed">Re: Wedding Dress Trouble!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Dress Trouble!!! : I was thinking this as well. Unless someone smokes, a dress shouldn't change colors over such a short time frame. I had a dress stored like that, except not in a dark closet, for over 5 years and it never changed colors.
    Posted by amr8580[/QUOTE]

I agree.  My dress was stored in a plastic garment bag for almost two years, and it never changed color.  It's probably just the lighting.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • edited January 2010
    I agree with the others, when you tried it on the lighting where you got it was probably better.  Alot of residential apartments and homes often suck when it comes to good clear and natural lighting.  See if you can try it on somewhere where you have ample natural light.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards