Attire & Accessories Forum

Color Woes

I'm planning a wedding for early August at a farm where I used to ride horses. It's going to be a small, country wedding probably in the evening.

Problem: I originally went with the colors of eggplant and burnt orange. I wanted B-maids in eggplant dresses with orange flowers. BUT... my fiance doesn't like the darkness of eggplant and he'd prefer a lighter purple (which I don't care for - too springy for me). So, I'm now thinking have the b-maids in a persimmon color with yellow and white flowers and my bouquet have the purple flowers. 

I'm really torn with what color to go with for the b-maid dresses. I want my colors to reflect the country feel and not look out of place. Is eggplant too dark? Would a persimmon look better in August on a farm? Thoughts? Anything would be so helpful! Thank you!!!

Re: Color Woes

• I wasn't sure what color persimmon was so I googled it. It's a lighter orange correct?

I think for an August wedding on a farm this is better than the burnt orange. It's more summery. I associate burnt orange with the fall - October/November.

• I remember looking at the persimmon color in the Alfred Angelo bridesmaid dresses and really liking it. I think it will also be more flattering on many skin tones than a harsher burnt orange (as a redhead who went to the University of Texas, burnt orange is not many people's color). You could do your maids with persimmon dresses and I think yellow and dark purple flowers (I love the way yellow looks with those dark purple callas, it makes a statement) would look awesome. And then do you you bouquet with some white and the dark purple flowers. Just ideas. 
  • We did eggplant and light greens too, and I think it looked fantastic. But you're not marrying me, you're marrying your FI. Why not show these colors to your FI, and ask his opinion? If you're good with either color, I'd let him decide. Perhaps he'll change his mind about the eggplant. 
  • Thank you so much for your help. We are still going back and forth between colors, but I wanted to get others' opinions. I'm leaning towards dresses in persimmon (the lighter, pinky orange) and using eggplant as an accent. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards