Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Stumbled into Running of the Brides by accident

I didn't realize The Running of the Brides in Washington, DC was yesterday.  I was at an event a few blocks away and decided to check out the discount stores for a watch, since I'm on the road for something and mine broke (Loehman's, Filene's, and TJ Maxx are clustered together in Friendship Heights).

I took the escalator down to Filene's and saw a sign about "Bridal Event" but didn't connect that with the Running of the Brides because they were having a diamond sale.

When I got to the bottom, I could help but smile as I watched teams scurry around and try on dresses.  It wasn't early morning, so the pace wasn't as frantic.  However, when someone bought a dress, there was cheering.  It was super cute.  I saw a few Reem Acra and Jim Hjelm dresses, but mostly Alfred Angelo, 2 Be, and brands of that sort.

Later, as I was leaving Loehman's, there was a huge group trying to take a picture with a Filene's garmet bag and they asked if I would take the shot for them.  I was so goofy about it that I chirped "Did you get your dress?!?!" and the bride happily confirmed that.  It was so cute.  They had clearly come from pretty far away.

I never thought I'd go to a Running of the Brides, but I got to one!