Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

When to buy the dress

I plan on buying my dress off the rack and then having alterations done. How many months before my wedding should I make my purchase?

Re: When to buy the dress

• Options
    You really could get away with it pretty close to your date, but who wants to do that. Buy the dress when you find something you like, I would say no more than a year out though. Then get alterations closer to your date starting around 2 months before.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Yeah, I'd say get the dress whenever you find the one you want to go with and alterations about two months out sounds about right, depending on any fluctuations you might have in your weight and if/when you have bridal portraits scheduled.  I also got my gown off of the rack so hope you get a great deal!

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    As long as you leave about a month and a half to two months for alterations I say get it whenever you find "the one" :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Personally, I think two months or  three months ago, you must  have an enough time  for your big day and the big outfit~~~
    Every bride deserves the best Cheap Wedding Dresses
  • Options

I think you can plan to buy one in 2- 4 months before your wedding , during that time you'll try to find the one you like . And you can get enough time  to alter it if it doesn't fit you very much . Or your dress is late  , you don't need to worry it .

:)

• Options
    Good Luck on finding that perfect dress.
    Wedding Countdown TickerVisit The Knot!
  • Options
    Good Luck on finding that perfect dress.
    Wedding Countdown TickerVisit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards