Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress advice and designers similar to Nicole Miller Bridal line? (photos)

Good morning!

I would love some dress advice!!!  =)

1. Can you recommend any designers with bridal lines similar to Nicole Miller (simple, minimalist, edgy).
2. What do you think of me in the below NM dress?

We are getting married outside (weather pending) on a farm in early October.  I am slightly over 5 feet tall,120 pounds, athletic and curvy.  My fiamce is 6'4, lol.  I have been looking for something form fitting, simple and edgy, and it irks me to spend over $1000 (I would love to spend $100 to be honest, haha, but wouldn't we all). 

I fell in love with the below dress from Nicole Miller (EA0400, from her newest line and not yet on the website).  My mom did not see it on me in person yet (she lives 2 hours away so we have not been able to go together yet), but she thinks it is too sexy for a wedding.  She says it is too fitted on the backside ("You can see the outline of your butt!!!"), and the neckline is too low ("Do you want people to look at your beautiful face or your boobs?").  Keep in mind that in the photo the dress is a size 4 (I would probably buy a 6) and I am wearing 4 inch heels (it definitely needs to be hemmed).

I tried on dresses at a bunch of different places (I love the Romona Keveza L858 dress, but cannot spend $3400) and everything seems so big, long, disproportionate to my frame, and gaudy. I feel like I drown in most dresses, and I want my dress to fit the venue.  My mom asked if there were other designers similar to Nicole Miller who make less conventional wedding dresses, so I thought TheKnot boards would be the best place to ask!  I figured I would throw in photos for some advice as long as I am posting.

Thoughts?

Any feedback, ideas or advice is appreciated!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards