Attire & Accessories Forum

Mori Lee Blu 4816... help!

I picked up my dress (Mori Lee Blue 4816) two weeks ago.  I am trying to figure out which type of underskirt to wear with it... I am thinking hoop skirt, but wondering if anyone out there can help me figure out how many hoops it should be and the circumference or diameter it should be for my specific dress!!  I have a call into my retailer but haven't heard back yet. Trying to see if this will help fill it out and not need to be hemmed as much. It is a size 12 with a 55 inch hem if that helps. 

Thanks!!

Re: Mori Lee Blu 4816... help!

• I had a slip with my Mori Lee that I got from the bridal salon. It kept the crinoline off my legs as well as gave me the fullness it needed.

You may try asking the salon first, I'm suprised they didnt suggest something.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_mori-lee-blu-4816-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:b2175edb-0b78-4793-b5a5-970dbb13c556Post:ba20ecad-0f63-4248-b9bf-032bec9b0e08">Re: Mori Lee Blu 4816... help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a slip with my Mori Lee that I got from the bridal salon. It kept the crinoline off my legs as well as gave me the fullness it needed. You may try asking the salon first, I'm suprised they didnt suggest something.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I was surprised as well, but didn't really think about it until I got home so I didn't think about bringing it up!!! LOL.  We bought my mom's dress the same day we picked mine up so I actually didn't give too much thought to my dress after I tried it on again and put it back in the bag so we could find one for her. </div>
  • My question is what did the dress look like when you first tried it on?  If it looked full and pretty without a slip underneath the store probably did not think that you needed one thus why they didn't suggest one.

I would go back to the store where you bought it, with your dress, and ask them for a slip suggestion.  This way you can try the slips on with your dress to see which is most comfortable/will work best for your dress.

• edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_mori-lee-blu-4816-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:b2175edb-0b78-4793-b5a5-970dbb13c556Post:d50f4aba-dc42-42af-a94e-8eaec583dea7">Re: Mori Lee Blu 4816... help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My question is what did the dress look like when you first tried it on?  If it looked full and pretty without a slip underneath the store probably did not think that you needed one thus why they didn't suggest one. I would go back to the store where you bought it, with your dress, and ask them for a slip suggestion.  This way you can try the slips on with your dress to see which is most comfortable/will work best for your dress.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

This too.

I know if you have crinoline under your dress you will want a slip. It was very hot on our wedding day and the slip kept it off my legs. I would twirl just to move the air under my dress.

My consultant put me in whatever slip they suggest with each dress I tried on, so yeah I would go back and ask.

ETA: Beautiful dress by the way, but I'm biased ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'll see if they call me back or not, maybe I will just bring it in.  It looked ok in the back, but it kind of hung down in front.  It definetly needs something, just not sure what yet :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards