Attire & Accessories Forum

I need help deciding between two gowns!

I am trying to decide between this  http://www.christinawu.net/15417/ or the Sottero and Midgley Tayla  http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?style=ASM3617.  Help!   :)
Large View of the Tayla Bridal Gown

Re: I need help deciding between two gowns!

• Love the second one also. Do you have any pictures of you in them? Sometmes dresses look better or worse on a person than in the pictures.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Wow they are both beautiful, but I would say the second one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agree that it would be better to see you in them but I really like the second one.
  • Wow, they are both beautiful, but are SO different. 

What kind of wedding are you having?  Formal?  Outdoor?  Beach?  That would affect my choice. 

Also, have you tried either one on?
    DSC_9275
  • I like the first one better. 
  • Definitely prefer the first.

Anniversary
  • Definitely the first....the 2nd has so much loose fabric it kind of reminds me of a curtain! 
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I vote for the second one.  It is beautiful!
  • I like the front of the first and the back of the second. 
    Vacation Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Eeesh, I don't like either.
  • I like the first one.
    Anniversary
  • Which one makes you feel better?  I think they're both beautiful.  Try them both on and take pictures if you can.  Think about which one fits your wedding and style the most and also which one is also the most comfortable.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • If you are having a formal ceremony, I like the first.  

For something like an outdoor summer wedding, or a more informal wedding, I like the second.

Photos of you in them would also help.  Like mentioned, that sometimes make all the difference.
  • I prefer the first
  • edited April 2012
    Ditto PPs requests for pics of YOU in the dresses.  Without that info though, my vote is for the Sottero & Midgley.  Something about the first dress seems off to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Going off the pics of the models I like the first one, but as stated numerous times it could look waaaay different on. 
  • Think of the type of wedding you are having and whcih one you love. Also which one has better material and my personal opinion don't base just off price. I had a budget and choose two dresses one being welll under my budget and the other at the top. I new if I went with the cheaper one i could get XYZ since it was cheaper but when I put it on I didn't LOVE it. Thats when I knew it was the other and i just thought of XYZ and how cutting those ideas of money mangaging would be. Good Luck choose the one YOU LOVE!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the first one...think it could be really stunning if it suits your body type.

The second one is pretty, but kind of "Latin Dance" style to me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_i-need-help-deciding-between-two-gowns?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:b2e6fd28-fb9f-4bb0-b138-b576ca1ab6f4Post:372f25ae-e5f0-4543-ac9f-e5dfa819bfa2">Re: I need help deciding between two gowns!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are having a formal ceremony, I like the first.   For something like an outdoor summer wedding, or a more informal wedding, I like the second. Photos of you in them would also help.  Like mentioned, that sometimes make all the difference.
    Posted by Grits8812[/QUOTE]

same vote here
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Absolutely the first one.
  • K200K200 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thank you so much everyone! I bought the first one and I love it! I'm getting married at a winery in St Helena. The ceremony is outside in a courtyard and the reception is in a barrel room lit by candles. I have a few photos of the dress but it wasn't taken in very good lighting. I am going back in a couple months to try it on again and pick out a veil and sash. I will post photos of it then! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards