Attire & Accessories Forum

Found an AMAZING dress, buuut....

Hi ladies. So about a month ago I went to David's Bridal to order a bridesmaid dress for a friends wedding, and while I was there I decided to try on a few bridal gowns (even though I told myself I wouldn't get a dress there because I wanted to support small local businesses :S ). I ended up falling in LOVE with this all lace A-line with a chapel train. It has been discontinued so the sample was $200 off regular price. However, I am only 5'2 and will need alterations, which I think will be difficult on an all lace/beaded dress. I put it on layaway because I did not want to buy it without talking to a seamstress, and one wasn't in that day. Here it is, btw (please excuse the expression on my face - I thought my mom was just taking a picture of the neck down, so I didn't know my face was going to be in the pic)

Now, there was another dress I tried on that day. It fit like a glove, is really lightweight, has no train (probably good for my outdoor wedding) and comes in petite, so I don't need it altered. When my mother saw me in it, she started crying - the only dress out of about a dozen that has made her do so. It really is a GORGEOUS dress. HOWEVER.... it's just not me. It's a poofy ballgown with some bling, neither of which I envisioned my wedding gown to have. I've never worn a poofy dress in my life. I LOVED it, but it just doesn't look like "me." BUT... I just can't stop thinking about it. Here's what it looks like: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Ball-Gown-Featuring-3D-Floral-Details-CWG322_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Designer-Oleg-Cassini

I am going back to DB on thursday to try on the original lace A-line and talk to a seamstress. I am thinking I want to try on that other dress as welll. I am afraid it will be really difficult to alter the lace one to my needs and therefore be really expensive (we're on a budget). The ballgown is a bit more expensive, and it doesn't like "me," but ohmigawd it is so gorgeous and flattering on my figure! And I wouldn't need to pay for any alterations.

I don't really know what I am asking... I guess some advice... did anyone alse decided on a gown that was the opposite of what they'd envisioned? Haha, any input? Thanks ladies :)

My wedding is a year away, so I have some time to think about it - I wouldn't even have bought that first gown yet if it hadn't been discontinued...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
image 167 Made the list
image 115 Accept
image 46 Decline
image 6 Not ready to decide
RSVP deadline: June 8
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards