Attire & Accessories Forum

Help...Torn between two dresses!!!

My wedding is May 11, 2013 and I can not decide on a dress, I need to make a decision asap because I know time is running out.  Here are the two very different styles

Dress 1

or 

Dress 2
Large View of the Adeline Bridal GownDress Detail Thumbnail 2

What do you think, dress 1 or 2?  How long did it take for your dress to come in?

I know whatever dress I choose alterations will be necessary considering my chest is about 2 sizes larger than my waist so I am also thinking which on will be more flattering to my preportions.  

Thanks ladies and congrats to you all, this is such an amazing process.  

Re: Help...Torn between two dresses!!!

• Dress Detail Thumbnail 2

here is the back of dress 2
  • They are both gorgeous! It just boils down to which you feel most beautiful in. If i was picking for myself i would pick the first one because i dont like anything reall fitted around my hips, because im insecure. The silloette of the first dress is very similar to my own. Either one you choose will look fabulous!

• Have you tried either dress on? Do you have pictures of you in them?

This is actually the only way most people can help you. And if you havent tried them on, you may want to, what looks good on a model may not be the best fit for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I can't really say unless I actually saw them on you.   By the models, I like #2 better, but that could have no indication of how they will look on you at all.
  • I tried them  both on but could not take pics in the salon.  I had the same problem with both, busting out of the top...lol.  I am a 8 in the waist and a 12 on top.  I tried on a 12 in the first one and a 10 in the second and I could not get a feel for which fit me best because they were tight in the chest and lose in the waist even with the clipping.  I loved both. I think I am going to have to order a sz 14 and just have alterations make everything fit.  

Thanks for the input.  I am going to try them both on again of Friday and talk with alterations about what will need to be done to both, maybe I can sneak some pics, too.  

• It really does depend on how they look on you... I am bias because my dress is sooo sooo similar to dress #2.

Bring someone with you... and sneak the pics.. make sure you try the "sit test"...that could make a difference as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok, I will offer you advice based on the fact that I am a largebusted woman with a small waist as well. Dress number one, and here's why: Our figures don't fit many modern clothes, and tend to make dresses like number two look super risque. However, there is one time in our lives, namely our weddings, where we can wear an item of clothing custom made to flatter us. The ballgown. It glorifies the waist, and everything about it was made for curvey small wasted girls. So that's my two cents having not seen you in the gowns. Not many girls can rock the ballgown, but its memorable to guests when you can.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• totally depends on your body type and how they fit you. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_helptorn-between-two-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:c48dc62f-06ec-41aa-9cf4-691e6ef78be7Post:b402011c-f906-4c9f-bde6-cb828706f474">Re:Help...Torn between two dresses!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I will offer you advice based on the fact that I am a largebusted woman with a small waist as well. Dress number one, and here's why: Our figures don't fit many modern clothes, and tend to make dresses like number two look super risque. However, there is one time in our lives, namely our weddings, where we can wear an item of clothing custom made to flatter us. <strong>The ballgown. It glorifies the waist, and everything about it was made for curvey small wasted girls. So that's my two cents having not seen you in the gowns. Not many girls can rock the ballgown, but its memorable to guests when you can.</strong>
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

This is great advice. But, I do agree that you need to go with the one that makes you feel special.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I prefer the ballgown fit, but I dislike the beading on that particular dress, so I vote #2. It looks way too busy too me. I agree though, it'd be easier to say if the pictures were of you instead of the models. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I love #2! I used to work at a bridal store that sold Maggie Sottero gowns and I just love the way they fit. The corset effect makes your waist look super teeny. I would recommend that you get the dress in satin as opposed to the taffeta (the dress in taffeta is called the Adeline and the dress in satin is Adeline Marie) I just like the effect the satin has better than the taffeta. 

Best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those are very different dresses. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. I personally love the 2nd one but I can't give you a great answer unless I seen YOU in each of the dresses.
  • The first one is very princessey and the second one is like hollywood glam. I like the second one better because im more into vintage. Just depends how u are trying to feel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    PersonalMilestone
  • Thanks for all the help ladies...I picked a dress and ordered it today!!! It's not dress one or two...lol. I stopped by a bridal salon close to my job that I pass everyday and found THE ONE. It's Allure 8966...what do you think?
  • Get it girl! That dress is sexy! But still classy too. I love the ruffles! My butt would not fit in that though... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards