Attire & Accessories Forum

Help finding a similar dress?

So I've been trying on several dresses, and recently tried on the one below in Macy's. What I really like about this dress is that it is lace (I've been wanting a lace dress), as well as the rouching right at the waist, which had a wonderful slimming effect on me. It was the first dress I tried on that felt really comfortable, very me, and that made me feel nice and slim even though I'm pretty self conscious about my body these days.

There were, however, a few things that I didn't love about the dress, and I don't know if I'm just being nit-picky.

1) The lace on this dress seemed kind of delicate and fragile compared to a lot of the heavier, coarser lace I've tried on. I'm not sure if this was an intentional part of the design to make the dress more moveable or something? It's from a reputable designer, so it's not as if it's just a matter of being a cheap dress.

2) The second thing I wasn't thrilled about is the floral pattern on the dress. It's kind of hard to make out in the photo and in the photos I took of myself in the store, but the floral design in the lace reminds me a lot of these lace floral curtains I used to have at home when I was younger. I don't know if I think that just because they happen to look like curtains I personally owned, but I wouldn't want everyone thinking my dress looked like I made it out of curtains! Wink

3) The third is the train. The small train on this one is fine, but another dress I tried on had this beautiful dramatic, scalloped train that I guess I've become a little obsessed with, and when I look at the train on this one, I keep thinking of the other one.

I still like this dress a lot, and may end up deciding that this is my dress after all. However, I was hoping all you dress-savvy ladies might be able to help me find a dress that's similar with lace, some nice beading on top and the rouching at the waist so that I have some basis for comparison?

Thanks for any help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards