Attire & Accessories Forum

Having a horrendously hard time getting the dress I want..

So I've looked and looked and looked just like all the brides and I finally found this dress that I just fell in LOVE with. Although, I haven't tried it on..but I just love the idea of it and how cute it is. I'm not much of a common bride, I like lace- preferably black lace. And I love short wedding dresses! And this had it all in one..sadly, however I'm also a bigger girl. Not a chunk, just a little chunky! Haha! Anyway, they didn't have my size. I was too big for pretty much every size they had. (They run small.) Anyway, I really liked how vintage-y it looked and such. I was just wondering where I could find inexpensive (yes, it has to  be) dresses like this or does anyone have any other advice? Also, does anyone have any idea about Hibridal.com?

Re: Having a horrendously hard time getting the dress I want..

• What places have you gone to? I hope you find one :o)
  • I can relate- I fell in love with a Maggie Sottero dress that apparently NO store in a 50 mile radius actually has in their store.

When I started calling around, one of the shops told me that since the dress was from a previous season, they could get it on loan as part of the designer's "borrow" program.  They're regular sample sizes (alas, like you, I am hardly petite) but I really can't make a decision to move on to some other design without at least seeing this one in person and making an effort to try it on.

Perhaps you can call some of the shops in your area that carry your designer and see if they can borrow the dress you are looking for?
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards