Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Different style bridesmaid dresses?

I am planning on having my bridesmaids were the same color but in different styles. Is okay for some of them to be long and some to be short or should I have them all wear one or the other?

Re: Different style bridesmaid dresses?

• Options
    For my sister's wedding, we ended up with three short and two long, so with her long dress it looked pretty balanced.  I didn't specify a length for my girls, and it looks like its going to be two long and four short, or maybe three and three.

Some people don't like the look, but I think it's fine.  Different lengths look better on different people, just like different necklines and waistlines do.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I personally prefer that they all be the same length, but pp is right that different lengths look better on different people. I've seen weddings were the MOH wears a long dress and the other bm wear shorter ones.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I personally would prefer them to be all one length...but I don't think it looks terrible to have different lengths.

My girls all wore different dresses too. I think it looked great!

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    They can be mixed.  Often the MOH is different.

Very Recently I was at a wedding with 5 attendants - The 2 women 38-45 ish were in long dresses with v necks,  more coverage around shoulders, arm holes,  while the bride's younger sister and mid -teen daughters were in   halter top  short flirty  dresses.  Each seemed appropriate to the dignity and age and figure of the wearer.   Very  nice  mix.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards