New Hampshire
Options

frustrated....

I need your thoughts.  I am a little frustrated.  I tried emailing my venue with the entree's my FI and i wanted to try.  They don't do tastings.  I was really surprised when I found out this was the case a couple of months ago.  I want to try 7 out of the 11 or so courses.  She responded to the email asking me to call.  We are trying to decide if it is worth the price for some of the dishes.  I also wanted to try things before i am paying thousands of dollars for the meals to make sure my guests will enjoy them.  When I called, they  said i can only try three of them, and if i want to try the others i would have to pay for them (full meal pricing).  They only serve full dishes.  She said this is because they have to look through the book to find a day they are serving those dishes.  She made it seem as if this was some huge hasle.  I asked if i can just get small samples and they said no, since they are not a full restaurant.  It just seems a little petty to me considering how much i will end up spending...  Am i being rediculous?
~~Sabrina~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: frustrated....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You are not being rediculous! That is crazy that they dont let you sample as many as you want... I would be completely frustrated too. Maybe you can narrow it down to like your top 5, try the three they will let you and then come back a different day with you FI for dinner to try the other two and just pay for them? That sucks, but you definitely should try the food before picking! GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nicoleh55nicoleh55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this sounds like the Executive Court in Manchester. If not, they said the exact same thing to us. Its $20 a person and we could choose 3 entrees. We have eaten at the yard many times and its wonderful so we are just trusting that i will be good, its stupid that they dont do tastings
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can kind of see both sides on this one.  I understand your frustration, but maybe they don't even have the supplies for all 11 meals at one time?   If they don't have a full restaurant they may not supply all the ingredients unless there is a wedding or other event coming up that they are serving them at.  They may not even have kitchen staff there all the time to make the meals for you.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have never been to the castleton, so I am not sure how the food is.  I totally get that they may not have the stuff all the time.  I offered to come as many times as needed, but that didn't seem to make a difference.  I had no problem that i would have to come between 7-10pm on a fri/sat/sun. It seems like cost was their bigger concern.  I asked for just sample sizes and she said they couldn't do that, which is weird.  If I wanted more than 3, she wanted me to pay full plate price for each...   I had no problem making multiple trips and just samples.  She just seemed like it was too much of a hassle for her.  :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I also am not happy about this.  Luckily I have at least 10 people coming to my wedding who raved about the food non stop which made me book them. 

I know we'll be in the same boat next year when we're ready to choose our meals.
  • Options
    michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Castleton last year, I remember the food being decent, I can't remember what I had but definitely better than a lot I've been to. I remember the hor d'overs were plentiful and delicious as well.  But that is definitely frustrating :(

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am glad to hear that people have heard good things/enjoyed the food.  I think i am going to drop the list of things i want to try to two chicken and two beef options to try and hope for the best!  I will let you guys know how it goes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah from your pic I can see it is Castleton.  I got married there in October...no tasting here.  We did the prime rib and also the cranberry chicken.  It was to die for.  My dad said it was the best prime rib he has ever eaten and he is a big steak person.  Not one person had a negative thing to say about it.  Everyone was raving on how good the food was.  Anyway, I know it isn't the same but just wanted to ease your mind a little that the food is fantastic
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards