New Hampshire
Options

Cathedral of the Pines?

Has anyone even HEARD of this place? I went there a long time ago, I believe it's in the Jaffrey/Rindge area of southern NH. It's a really neat outdoor space with an aisle and benches set up like a "church" only it's non-demominational and surrounded by trees. Behind it is an area of different gardens for all religions. I can do more research but I was just curious if anyone had ever been to a wedding there? I know it's in the middle of nowhere and kind of a longshot but I had to try!

Re: Cathedral of the Pines?

• Options
    singing_lynsinging_lyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I actually live 20 minutes away from there. It is in Rindge, NH. I went to 1 wedding there when I was younger. If it rains you have to use the small chapel and it does not seat many people. If you are planning a small wedding that's good, but if you're planning anything large it might not be an option. The outdoor church area you are talking about even has a view of Mt. Monadnock. I don't know if they have a reception area, if not Hidden Hills is really close by and they have a beautiful outdoor area for receptions with a pavilion. That's where I'm having my reception. :) It's beautiful. The only problem is there aren't any hotels really close by. I think the closest is in Keene.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to live in Rindge, and the Cathedral of the Pines is one of the most beautiful spots ever! It was hit pretty bad by the big ice storm a few years ago, and they did a bunch of renovations and it looks better than ever.  I don't think they do receptions, either, but there are few places nearby like Hidden Hills (as pp said) JP Stephen's, the Woodbound Inn, and some places in Jaffrey, too.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there last year and it was gorgeous!!!
  • Options
    Lilac++Lilac++ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into it briefly for my wedding. As the others said, it is a gorgeous outside ceremony site, but if it rains the indoor option is not ideal. They do not do receptions there. The fee for the ceremony was close to $1000 I think.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My two favorite cats!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cathedral of the Pines Is a beautiful outdoor location.  Two places that are close to there for reception venues are Hidden Hills (Rindge), and the Shattuck Golf Club (Jaffrey). 

We had both ceremony and reception at the Shattuck and they were fantastic!
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Any idea how small is "small"? Like how many guests can it handle? $1,000 seems like a lot for that but I haven't done much research on venues so I might just be ignorant on the matter!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards