Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

bmaids dresses--different lengths ok?

i think i know the answer to this...but will it look weird if my 3 bridesmaids wear different length dresses? they are picking their dresses out of same fabric and color, and i'm not sure they will find ones that are all the same length. we did a roudn fos hoppign on saturday and they are all being kinda picky. they have very different body types and i'm definitely not making them wear the same dress.

i'm thinking that if one of them picks a floor length and the other 2 pick cocktail length it will look like the floor-length woman is the MOH, and i'm not having an MOH because i love all 3 of them too much to pick 1 over the others. sigh.

Re: bmaids dresses--different lengths ok?

• Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2009
    Yes, IMO it will look weird. But some people like the mixed up look.  I don't think that it is unreasonable for you to indicate a length and color/fabric and for them to find a style within those limits.  There are soo many bridesmaids dresses out there, you can find some that fits their different shapes and that are still all the same length. 
  • Options
    I picked a color, length, and fabric. My sister then got pregnant, and chose a longer dress. It won't matter if they are different lengths.

If you are worried people will think she is the MOH put her in the middle of the two girls that chose short dresses, or if one choses short, and two long, put the one with the short dress in the middle.
  • Options
    If they are all within 3-4 inches of each other in length, then I think it will look fine. However, one floor length and two shorter would look a bit odd in my book.
  • Options
    I am putting my MOH in a floor length while the other BMs are in knee length, if that happened with your girls, I would def assume that one with the long dress is the MOH.

It shouldn't be too hard to specify a certain length along with color.
  • Options
    Oh man, it bothers me SO much when the BM dresses are different lengths!  That being said, it is COMPLETELY up to you!  I am just a bit OCD so I don't like uneven look.

What you DO need to consider are your moms' dresses.  As a general rule, the MOB and MOG can wear dresses of any length as long as they're NOT SHORTER than the bridesmaids' dresses.  So if either of your moms is planning to wear a short dress, you must keep the bridesmaids dresses short as well.  If they're both going long, then the bridesmaids can wear whatever.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards