Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Do I need a belt on my dress?

Hello fellow knotties! I am hoping you can give me some advice. 

I bought my dress last October (a year before my wedding) and still - thankfully - am totally in love with it. Its been at my mother's house, however, so I haven't been able to really look at it a lot. I was browsing through wedding websites and saw a lot of really cute belts and was thinking about adding one to my dress. 

Here's an image of my dress (and PS I do NOT look as good as the model does, and I'm thinking about cutting the sleeves off):

And here's a picture of a belt I like: 

Do you think a belt on this dress would look good or bad? Any help would be appreciated!!

Re: Do I need a belt on my dress?

• Options
    I like that belt and think it would look great with your dress. I say go for it!
  • Options
    Go for it! I think they will look great together.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LizB8943LizB8943 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Go for the belt, especially if you have the straps/sleeves removed! 
  • Options
    I say yes. I think it's a beautiful dress on its own but the belt will definitely add something.
  • Options
    Like PP said, if that's what you want. Go for it! I'm a sicker for a belt so I'll almost always vote for one lol.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I would do a belt. I think it would break up the lace pattern around the top. Try it on with a belt and take some pics, that will be easier. Or google some pictures to see if other brides with your dress have added a belt :) Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Hi!
    I say do a belt but no that one.
    I am a professional wedding stylist and judging by the layers of beaded lace that create a diamond shape pattern on the skirt, you need a softer beaded belt. Otherwise the belt will compete with the tiers on your dress making it look overdone and unfocused. Try a belt with pearls or clear beads rather than silver beading or perhaps a plain satin belt to accentuate your waistline.

Best of luck 

• Options
    Wow, you guys totally rock, thank you so much for all the advice!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards