Attire & Accessories Forum

Shoe help please!

My BM's are wearing their own black dresses.  I only had two criteria....they have to be satin and knee length.  2 of them already had dresses like this, so they aren't buying new ones and 3 of them are buying new ones.  The colors for our wedding are purple, fuchsia, and lime green.  The girls and I all want to wear either a purple or fuchsia colored shoe.  Should we all wear the same shoe or should just the BM's have the same shoe and I pick a different one?  Considering they will all have different styles of dresses, I thought it would look better that they have matching shoes.  

Thanks!

Re: Shoe help please!

• If you're going to require the girls to get specific shoes then you need to pay for them so that's something to consider.  But I would have BMs wear one shoe and wear a different one myself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ditto PP. I would have the girls in one color and wear the other color myself.

• I agree with Sweetjadedtears about the color situation; however, I would STRONGLY advise against having all 5 of yours girls wear the SAME shoe.  I understand why you would want the cohesive look, but everyone has different feet and won't all be comfortable in the same shoes (maybe one style is perfect for one girl, but too narrow for the other; maybe slingbacks rub blisters on some of the girls' heels, etc.)  Maybe tell them that you want them to wear a certain color in a plain round pump; that way they can all get shoes they will be comfortable in, which will make them much happier BMs on your wedding day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_shoe-please-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:d9cf005f-7418-4350-8181-e875b01ff205Post:e1055724-fecb-456b-ad01-eb80a8e50b57">Re: Shoe help please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Sweetjadedtears about the color situation; however, I would STRONGLY advise against having all 5 of yours girls wear the SAME shoe.  I understand why you would want the cohesive look, but everyone has different feet and won't all be comfortable in the same shoes (maybe one style is perfect for one girl, but too narrow for the other; maybe slingbacks rub blisters on some of the girls' heels, etc.)  Maybe tell them that you want them to wear a certain color in a plain round pump; that way they can all get shoes they will be comfortable in, which will make them much happier BMs on your wedding day.
    Posted by raehny[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  :)  I think having the shoe the same color should provide enough cohesiveness while, as raehny said, allowing them to choose the specific style of their shoe will make them comfortable.  </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards