Attire & Accessories Forum

Wedding Shoes! Opinions please

Hello Soon to be Brides,

My dress is made for a petite woman, it's meant for a 5'4" person, I am almost 5'2" and I am wondering whether I should get 2" heels or 3" heels, I know it seems like a stupid question but I don't want the dress to drag, I want to easily walk with it and not trip as the dress is pretty heavy. Anyone having the same dilemma??

Re: Wedding Shoes! Opinions please

• If the dress is heavy, then I'm assuming it's either a full A-line or a ballgown. The slip/crinoline should keep the dress far enough away from your feet to avoid tripping. And the lower heel should give enough height to avoid the dress dragging on the ground.

If you're that worried, then split the difference with a 2 1/2" heel, or just buy whatever shoes you like regardless of the heel. You can always get a fuller crinoline or have the dress hemmed.
  • Do you already have any heels of those heights that you can try on with the dress just to see which height you prefer and go from there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 95image Invited 66image Ready to party 21image Declined
  • Thank you Ladies, I was thinking 2 1/2 inches or 3...The dress is mermaid style but the bottom is heavy. I guess I will buy different length shoes and return the ones that do not work out? Good Luck on your weddings!  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards