Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

bridesmaid shoes

Hi everyone! I have a two part question for you all!

My ladies will be wearing two different Mori Lee dresses pictured below in Navy.  My colors are navy, light yellow, and blush pink.  Their flowers are white, yellow, and pink.  I'm really stuck on what to have them wear for shoes.  So here are my two questions.

1) Color.  I'm wearing navy shoes (most likely) and would like them to wear a different color shoe (can we say cute photo op??).  Do you think yellow or blush pink would look better?  Any other color ideas?

2) I want to keep the shoes $50 or under, and the only requirements is that the heel should be less than 2" (I'm really short....) and the heel should be on the wide side since the reception is in the grass.  I honestly don't care if the style is the same.  I have tiny feet that are really hard to fit, so I don't want to have people buy shoes that are uncomfortable.  Where can I get dyeable shoes that are under $50?  Most of the shoes I saw at the bridal store were in the $60-70 range!!   What about other shoes that just happen to come in light pink or yellow?  I'm searching a ton online, but am not having a lot of luck.

Thanks for your opinions!!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
hide
Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
"And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011

Re: bridesmaid shoes

• Options
    Payless Shoes -- the new Lela Rose Unforgettable collection is there, and most of the shoes are around $30 to $50.  If you don't have a payless store near you, I think they can be ordered online.... although I'm not positive.

You could also check out local sales at bridal shops.  Our David Bridal just had a shoe clearance, and they have quite a few affordable, dye-able shoes for less than $50.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bridesmaid-shoes-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:e8e74146-d814-4906-a262-63f83534334cPost:46d3967f-2845-463a-b305-b1d100bc979c">Re: bridesmaid shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that's a hell of a lot of trouble to go through on everyone's parts just for the sake of a single cute photo.  Why not just let them all wear, say, whatever gold shoes they want and call it good? I also think that dictating that they can't <strong>wear shoes over a certain height is on the bridezilla side</strong>.  There's nothing that says that the bride has to be the tallest girl up at the altar, they're not going to steal attention from you even if they are taller.  Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find a short, wide heel in any color?  Once you get out of children's sizes, they're not exactly popular.  Or just let them wear whatever shoes they want.  I didn't give my girls any direction whatsoever on shoes (other than to stick to our color scheme, which was black, white, silver, and gold) and they all managed just fine.  They barely show up in pictures anyway.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

<div>Um, it's not really on the bridezilla side when the two tallest BM's who are 11 and 13 inches taller than me hate to wear high heels to emphasize their height, and because it's an outdoor reception on a farm, I'd honestly be worried about my girls wearing 4 inch high heels.  Hence the shorter heel height and thicker heel.  I had just come from the bridal store and had written down a list of 10 shoes that met the requirements, and that's just looking through two books, and just styles I thought were cute.  While they aren't the most popular compared to the really tall heels, there are still many options available.  I was just simply looking for more affordable options, which is certainly not brideszilla-ish.  It's not like I'm asking them to all buy the exact same shoe.  Unless we happen to stumble across a pair of shoes that everyone likes, matches the color, and is a good deal, I'm perfectly ok with different styles.  All I asked for was cost-effective dyeables or other websites to look for shoes.  And opinion on whether yellow or pink is cuter.</div>

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    hide
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • Options
    Oh, and thank you Kelly for the heads up on the payless shoes.  I had had a friend once tell me they were uncomfortable, so I had dismissed them, but I'll ask around some more and get some more opinions.  And Lucy, I agree the top dress is cute too!  I was tempted to get one myself!!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    hide
  • Options
    I am not a big fan of doing the matchy shoes thing. Just tell them a color to wear and they can choose their own shoes. Some of the girls may even be able to wear something they already own. My sister/MOH wore her prom shoes from a few years before and it worked out just fine and it saved her from spending additional money.
  • Options
    If it's their choice to wear shorter shoes, then that's fine.  But that should be their individual call, not a requirement for all of them.  And citing your height as a reason for them to need shorter shoes, yes, is bridezilla, because it smacks of using your friends as props to make you look better.

Presumably you're paying for these shoes if you insist on going with dyeables, yes?  Because $50 is a lot of money to spend on shoes that can pretty much never be worn again.  That's why neutrals are so strongly recommended.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Twix, I think your best option would be tell them to get any silver shoe.  If they prefer a stiletto heel, they can get Sole Mates. http://thesolemates.com/ They keep heels from sinking into the grass.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I've never had a bride ask me to buy an exact type of shoe. I think I'd be a little irritated if I had to scour the mall looking for the exact type of shoe she wants. Just pick a neutral color, forget dyeing.
  • Options
    I think some people are mistaking what I'm trying to do. I'm not requiring them to wear a specific shoe.  Yes, I'd like them to be the same color, because let's face it; there's a ton of shades of pink or yellow that clash, and are harder to find in general.  BUT, coming from someone who has unimaginably difficult feet, I would NEVER require a specific shoe, unless every girl agreed on a shoe.  That's why I'm looking for brands or places that have shoes that are cheaper than the dyeables or other online shoe stores.  I agree that $50 is a lot for shoes, but since all the shoes I saw at the bridal store were more than that, that was my max that I refused to go over.  Heck, if I could find a brand or a group of shoes that were $25 I'd be stoked.  And dramageek, buying shoes I know they'd never wear again is what I don't want to.  Three of my BM have already mentioned to me they hate silver shoes.  They don't care either way about pink or yellow.  I've been searching online and have found some cute pink, yellow, and navy shoes that are totally rewearable, so I've sent them to my MOH to see what she thinks.  And yes, ALL of them are way under $50.

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    hide
  • Options
    I'm confused - you want to pick a few and let them choose from those?  Why not just say "please find a yellow shoe" and send them a swatch of the yellow you're using?  Why do you have to find the shoe for them?
  • Options
    Please, PLEASE just leave it up to them to find their own shoes. You're really micromanaging this.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else. Shoes are extremely personal and what is comfortable to one woman may be hell for another. Pick a color and call it a day. Even with short dresses, no one will notice or care that the shoes are different. Trust me, my bridesmaids are wearing black shoes with their short dresses and they can be any kind, flats, heels, sandals, whatever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards