Attire & Accessories Forum

My Wedding Dress

Help!!! I just bought my wedding dress this past weekend and now i'm doubting that it is the one. I keep thinking if it was the dress that i absolutley loved then i wouldn't be doubting it right? Has anyone else thought that they bought the wrong dress and if so what did you do?

Re: My Wedding Dress

• If people get cold feet about a living, breathing FI who is right for them (and can speak for himself to reassure you about your doubts), I don't see why you can't have doubts about a dress that's good for you too.
  • I had a lot of doubts as well. It's pretty common! Focus on what you loved about the dress when you tried it on, and stop looking at other dresses, so you avoid "shoulda woulda coulda" symdrome.

It really helped me  to get feedback from the ladies here, so if you feel comfortable posting pics, feel free to do so!
  • I definitely had doubts about my dress. I actually went so far as to calling the bridal shop in hopes to canceling my order, but then I realized I was being ridiculous and that I really did love my dress. Its definitely normal, just remember why you loved it and hopefully you'll stop having doubts.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Breathe.

Do you have any pictures of the dress?  Look at them.  Or go try your dress on again.  Remember why you decided it was the one in the first place.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • http://www.morilee.com/Bridals/Bridal/dressint.php?idves=1601&idcat=1&idscat=1&npic=0&npag=1&bsel=

Here is a picture of the dress from the website. It's #1601.
    I think part of the reason that I am having doubts is because it is nothing what I had orinally picturemy dress to be. I had specifically said that I did not want a big poofy dress but that's what I ended up with. Thank you for all your comments they have helped some. I just need to move onto something else to worry about! LOL

• For what is worth, your dress is STUNNING! I'm not trying to make you feel good, I'm just being honest. I would wear it in a heartbeat!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Insanely gorgeous dress. Don't doubt. It's lovely.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well I am really glad I posted my doubts on here. All of you ladies have really made me feel so much better!!!

Thank you so much!!!

• I love the dress, although I don't think I could pull it off, but since you can, more power to you. I think the top and the belt are particularly attractive. The ONLY thing that I even gave a second thought too, and this is being beyond nit-picky, so...in the picture of the front I think some of the whole flowers catch your attention too much and draw the eyes down towards the skirt away from the face. But then I looked at the pic of the back of the dress, which also has some whole flowers and that effect went away. So I think it might just be the angle/lighting of the photo.

I hope that didn't make you second-guess more, I just thought if I was completely and brutually honest you would know that I'm not saying I love the dress just be nice.
  • Funny...I posted almost the exact same thing you did...the ladies on here really helped me 'see the light'and feel alot better too  =) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards