Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress Modifications

I have been completely, and quite secretly, stressing out about the dress I just purchased last week.  When I put it on, I loved it and it was an amazing price and I jumped on it.  I even got to take it home right away because it was a sample gown.  Now I'm feeling regrettful because it's not really what I was looking for and I'm picking the dress apart in my head.  This is driving me crazy.

I thinking about altering it and I need advice.  I really want to add a bateau neckline (aka the boat neckline), which I have always loved on wedding dresses.  I tried on another dress with that neckline and it looked great... except for the rest of the dress.

So, this is me in my dress, Ella 5459.  Do you think that neckine change would look weird?  Clearly is needs to be shortened too, which is maybe why I'm not crazy about the skirt anymore though either.  Any thoughts?  Suggestions?

Re: Dress Modifications

• Options

I think your dress will look great with the bateau neckline added to it. I completely understand what you are going through, as this exact same thing happened to me. I found a dress at a great price that I liked, but after getting it home I had some hesitations about it. But I'm adding a few things to it, and think it will turn out great.

Good luck, and just be sure to get a great seamstress!
  • Options
    I would definitely see what bringing the skirt up looks like before any other major alterations. I honestly think it looks great on you!!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!  That makes me feel a lot better.  I don't know why I'm freaking out over it. Too much time dreaming about the perfect dress before I had it I guess!
  • Options
    A great seamstress can do anything for you, just be prepared to pay his/her price, this type of talent is not cheap, but worth it to get what you want for your wedding day!  Best luck to you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards