Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress a smidge too small. Gotta let it out.

So my original dress purchase fell way through the cracks and I had to hunt for another one less than 3 months away from the wedding.....like I needed any more stress lol. Thankfully tried on an even better and more beautiful dress than the one I picked. It zipped up all the way but was a bit tight in the chest and hips. I had to purchase that dress because my size would not arrive in time. There's enough fabric to let it out but how much it would be to get it let out and hemmed? Do you think I should find an independent seamstress or get it done at the bridal salon? It's not from alfred angelo or davids bridal. I've heard their alterations are crazy expensive.

Re: Dress a smidge too small. Gotta let it out.

• Options
    That's a tough question to answer without knowing your salon and the reputation they have for alterations.  I used my salon and they were actually cheaper than local independent seamstresses and did a fantastic job!  Before you start altering though, have you tried the dress with supportive undergarments?  I used both a long-line bra and something similar to spanx.... it was incredible how much it sucked me in!!  That would probably be an easier and potentially cheaper solution.

Good Luck!
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards