Attire & Accessories Forum

Monique Lhuillier Sample Sale - Worth the trip?

Has anyone been to a Monique Lhuillier sample sale? They only take place in her flagship stores, so I am wondering if it is worth the effort/money to pay for a plane ticket for the chance that they have the dress I want. Any additional advice would be appreciated!

Re: Monique Lhuillier Sample Sale - Worth the trip?

• I havent been to a sample sale, but i did go to the monique lhuillier store in west hollywood last year. I was really surprised at the poor condition many of their samples were in. There were rips , tears and frayed edges on just about every dress i tried on. For such an upscale place, i was really shocked. 
  • i went to a sample sale that had a couple of ML dresses and found THE DRESS marked down from $4000 to $1200!!!!!  I was in heaven.  However, I am not sure that it would be worth a plane ticket though...just a thought, I found a great wedding website that does sell some of her dresses at great prices, and I have read wonderful reviews of the site (some from people on the knot blogs).  The site is bridepower.com.  Good luck!
  • Moneypenny424Moneypenny424 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2009
    I guess it depends on how much the plane ticket is :).  I do think you might have good luck, but like PP said, sometimes samples are in awful shape.  When I tried on dresses at Vera Wang in Boston, the samples were dirty, torn, had missing beading and broken straps.  I'm sure not all the dresses were like that though, so it may be worth your while!

I was a Monique bride, so maybe that's why I think you should consider it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards