December 2012 Weddings
Options

licenses, bachelorettes and such...

OMG I can't believe we're all so close to our dates...I wanna get some updates on everyones status! Ok, I'll go first:

So yesterday we got our marriage license (in Florida you have to wait 3 days to get married if you didn't take a counseling course....apparently the marriage conference we went to doesn't count lol), so Sunday we'll be signing it and Monday I'm going to go ahead and take it to the back to the clerk so she can give me my certificate (I have to start the paperwork to change my name because my plane ticket for our March honeymoon is in my married name....that's the reason I'm legally getting married two weeks before my date...shhhh) . This weekend are our bachelor/bachelorette parties (mine is saturday which means I get to go out friday as well....who stays home while their man is at his bachelor party? Not I.)
All we have left is to pack stuff up and get ready for the next 2 weeks to zoom by!

Ok, now your turns...GO!
SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator

Re: licenses, bachelorettes and such...

• Options
    That's so funny about you being legally married before the date! I won't tell! We had thought about the same thing because I wanted to have my name changed before the wedding, but in the end I will be waiting until we return from our honeymoon! Our wedding is in TWO days so I'm kind of in a daze/fog about it because it still doesn't seem like I'll be waking up on Saturday and that will be my wedding day.
    I'm in Ohio and the license process was thankfully easy, so we did that a few weeks back.  The only real requirement here is that you become legally married within 60 days of obtaining the actual license.

Woo hoo December is (pretty much) here!!!
  • Options
    OMG! Two days! That's amazing, when is the rehearsal? You must be so excited, I can't imagine I'll be in any state of sanity those days lol...
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • Options
    Congrats to all the Dec. 1st brides! I can't wait to see pictures from all of your weddings. 

In Chicago we can get our licenses 60 days prior so we got ours about 40 days ago because my FI and I moved to NYC between then and now (crazy times). Our Bachelorette parties were in Sept. which seens so long ago... might need to have a few cocktails with my ladies the night before just like you are :)

• Options
    Our rehearsal is tomorrow afternoon at 3 (there is a corporate event at our venue later tomorrow night so that's the latest we could have it), then dinner at 6 at a local tavern/restaurant (not the norm I know, but we love it there and we weren't into spending $50+ a person when we are already doing that at our wedding... ).  I have to say all in all I'm calmer than I've been in the past months/weeks! A HUGE weight off my shoulders is the weather, calling for 57 degrees and sunny here in Columbus which is perfect for our downtown/outdoor pictures!

abussen- My bachelorette party was in August so I relate on that one, I'm definitley looking forward to a few drinks tomorrow night :)
    Good luck girls :)
  • Options

Congrats Ladies, I cannot wait for all the pics that we will see starting Saturday!
    STBMrsDio- I wont tell if you won't! lol I have been legally married Since Sept 29, 2012 (two months today!!!) because of all the legal expenses to wed outside the country..we didn't want the headache. But I am still a December Bride! lol

Ok Update: I am getting ready for my boudoir shoot that will start in a few hours, I am nervous!!! Every detail of our wedding has been explained and gone over with our planner. All I need is sand and two vases for the sand ceremony. We will probably start packing next week and pretty much count down the days till Dec 15(the day we leave)...EXCITED! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Britj: LOL! That's awesome, makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one. And we leave the 14th, difference is you'll be sipping drinks in a tropical island lol. Lucky lady!!!

@abussen: wow 60 days, well at least it's one less headache the weeks before the wedding. How far until the big day?

@futureslaybaugh: I totally get that. Ours is at a brewery and I specifically asked for no sit down meal. I wanna eat bar food (wings and nachos lol) and watch the Heat game. The wedding is formal enough without a fussy rehearsal too.
  • Options
    @STBMrsDio - I'm 8 days out! I can't wait. 

Have a wondeful wedding everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards