December 2012 Weddings

New Years Eve Wedding?

I want my wedding to be a huge party.. and what better day than new years eve! I am thinking about having the reception in a hotel where all of the guests will be staying. That way everyone can party all night long celebrating then just walk upstairs to their room. Do you think new years eve will keep guests from coming??? Help Help.. I can't decide! I know I want a december wedding.. I just can't nail down the date!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New Years Eve Wedding?

• My wedding will be on the 29th. My advice to you is book your venue now. Especially if you're having it at a hotel.  People book office parties way in advance. I was surprised when I called about a nearby Hilton and my date was already booked two years in advance!
  • we've planned our wedding for new years eve 2012 and all of our friends and family love the idea... think about it, everyone goes out anyway, and they get free booze this way! our reception is going to be close to the hotel where everyone will be staying so we are going to hire a bus to drive everyone to the hotel after the celebration!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_new-years-eve-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:1705770e-2781-443a-8867-dea308f9af78Post:1ccc0e60-ef88-4000-97a4-ea18f3a9310f">Re: New Years Eve Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone found that vendors are doubling even tripling the price on the 31st? I have run across extremely steep prices!
    Posted by lynzeyoder[/QUOTE]

Yes! I was originally planning for a NYE wedding, but we are only planning on 30-40 ppl max and everywhere we looked their prices were either outrageous, or they had minimum spend requirements. In fact, one place we looked had a minimum requirement of $15,000!!!! That's triple our entire budget!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ac98cordac98cord member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    My Wedding is scheduled for NYE 2012, which is a Monday (12/31/2012). Typically everyone either get's off work for the day, or at least they get out of work early, and everyone has off on New Years Day...so that doesn't really matter. If you have a lot of out of town guests, that may complicate things, but fortunately for me; the Majority of my guests are local. We are having a Night-time candle light ceremony at 7:30pm and then the Reception to follow; celebrating and brining in the New Year. I can't believe it's less than a year away. I know time is going to fly !!! I'm excited, it's going to be a great party - Lots of fun!
  • I saw on one of the message boards somewhere that if you don't tell them (The Vendors) that it is a Wedding; and you ask them to help you with a "New Years Eve Party", you may get better pricing.  I am having it at a Hotel that is incorporating alot of the Additional services into the Reception for no-charge, which is making it REALLY nice for us, not having to pay for anything extra, like Party Favors, balloons, etc...
  • If you need NYE favors, I have some GREAT ones!  Brand new, never been used.  Please see my classified posting on The Knot:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-classifieds_selling-new-years-eve-favors-tiaras-fedoras-noise-makers-and-purple-horns

Thanks,
    Jenifer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards