New Hampshire

Red Hook Brewery - Other venue recs

Has anyone been to a wedding here?  Reviews?  They set up a tent on the patio, and their function coordinator sent me some pics.  It looks pretty nice.  My bigger concern is the food.  It is extremely inexpensive, and served buffet style.  I'm on a really tight budget, but it is even under my budget, so I'm a bit worried about getting what I pay for. (down to 130 guests, <20k for everything, not just reception)

I asked earlier about Castle in the Clouds.  They are on opposite sides of the spectrum as far as venue, but I'm having a very hard time finding a venue and am trying to be flexible.  Any other recs?

I'm from MA, as are 95% of my guests.  I'm looking in NH to save $, but also want to find a place that is a local "destination" wedding.  I've come across a lot of interesting venues, that might fit my budget, but they're kind of in the middle of nowhere (which is fine if you live around there), and needs to be near a Catholic Church.  I was thinking maybe Portsmouth, White Mts, Winnepesaukee... some place guests would make a weekend out of, besides a random suburb.

Re: Red Hook Brewery - Other venue recs

• KimG82KimG82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard they do functions here.... but that sounds pretty amazing! I may check it out for myself. I wish I had more of an answer for you
  • edited December 2011
    I have never been to a wedding there, but their restaurant food is really good.  For my FI 10 year high school reunion they rented the patio and did a buffet.  There was plenty of food and it was really good.  We only had appetizers though, so I don't know about the buffet meals.
    ~~Sabrina~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mgagne228mgagne228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked there as well.  The food is delicious at the restuarant but I have never been to a function there.  I would have to assume that the food for functions is good too.  Also, if you like beer

We ended up deciding on the Portsmouth Country Club which was a little more (but still super reasonable) than Red Hook but includes a lot of things and has a great outdoor patio area for cocktail hour as well as absolutely gorgeous grounds.  It's very easily accessible to 95 and many hotel choices and is only about a 7 minute drive to downtown Portsmouth if you wanted your hotel to be downtown.

Hope this helps!
  • jonesro2jonesro2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Please check out my post from this morning Rustic New Hampshire reception site.  We had ours at a place called Longhaul Farm in Holderness.  It is literally 15 minutes from Meredith where you would definitely find a catholic church (not sure there might be one right in Holderness).  They charged us 150 an hour for the site and about 45 dollars per person tax and grat. included for baked stuffed chicken(stuffing was amazing), pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon with apple, scalloped potatoes, mac and cheese, braised greens, home made bread, salad plus warm spinach dip and crackers and cheese for apps.  I am not lying when I say it was the best reception food I've had.  We had a TON of compliments on the food. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards