December 2012 Weddings
Options

New years Eve Wedding Timeline issues

I am having this new years eve wedding and starting the cocktail hour at 7:30 ceremony at 830 and receptiont to follow. witht the big new years eve after party. All in one location. Is anyone else having issues with time line and late dinner time??
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New years Eve Wedding Timeline issues

• Options
    Hello,
    Hmm. What, specifically, are you having trouble with? Do you mean that everything seems crammed together in your timeline?
    Miranda "Tea For Teacher" http://teaforteacher.wordpress.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_new-years-eve-wedding-timeline-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:331659fe-a331-4385-b8e4-d1c9f8f767b0Post:bcc12d78-a54b-4e34-bb00-e991c9a380e9">Re: New years Eve Wedding Timeline issues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, Hmm. What, specifically, are you having trouble with? Do you mean that everything seems crammed together in your timeline?
    Posted by Miranda2911[/QUOTE]

Yes and wondering if the 915 dinner is gonna be to late?? I have anxiety about the whole thing every time I think about it!!
  • Options
    I think if your wedding starts at 7:30, people will expect to eat around 9.  For some that may be late, but it wouldn't be unexpected with that start time, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I would provide heavy appetizers as well. My wedding is at 630pm and I am having the same anxiety. I went to a wedding recently that started at 530pm and we didn’t eat until 9:15pm and everyone was pretty drunk and starving. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_new-years-eve-wedding-timeline-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:331659fe-a331-4385-b8e4-d1c9f8f767b0Post:ab261432-718b-4193-acc0-445aa5a9464b">Re: New years Eve Wedding Timeline issues</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would provide heavy appetizers as well. My wedding is at 630pm and I am having the same anxiety. I went to a wedding recently that started at 530pm and we didn’t eat until 9:15pm and everyone was pretty drunk and starving. 
    Posted by abussen[/QUOTE]

Hey are you exspecting people to stray until 12??
  • Options
    If you need NYE favors, I have some GREAT ones!  Brand new, never been used.  Please see my classified posting on The Knot:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-classifieds_selling-new-years-eve-favors-tiaras-fedoras-noise-makers-and-purple-horns

Thanks,
    Jenifer
  • Options
    I am having my wedding on NYE and we are following a similar timline - however, not serving dinner. We are having a cocktails as people come in starting at 8. We will be serving 2 signature cocktails and champagne only from 8-830. Ceremony @ 8:30 - then at 9 -- full bar and TONS of mini foods. So there will be mini burgers, fries, etc...like bar food / americana feel - in several stations around the room.

Food will stop being served at 10 -- then after mid night, we are bringing out a second round of mini foods...with breakfast foods, pancakes, chicken and waffles, etc.

This actually cut down on costs to be honest - because for NYE - the chef said you wouldn't necessarily want to serve an ordinary meal...so a more expensive plated dinner, would have driven costs up. Addtionally, with the late night snack idea - we are only bringing out like half of the amount of food - as we are expected some guest will be leaving before midnight.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards