December 2012 Weddings

Tanning. Yay or Nay?

Since our wedding is in December and I'm from the midwest and getting married in Iowa, it will be cold and snowy so I can't go tanning outdoors like I can in the summer. I'm a naturally tan person so I won't be pasty white, but I'm wondering if I should go tanning in a salon to not look as white in a white dress. I've never gone tanning before since I've never really had to. What are your thoughts? Yay or Nay?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tanning. Yay or Nay?

• Obviously people are going to say how unhealthy it is, but I think just for your wedding you'll be ok.  I personally stopped tanning in beds years ago and now only get tan in summer months when I'm outside.  My dress is "alabaster", more of a deeper ivory, but I do plan on going tanning maybe once every 2 weeks or so, to have a glow but not a full on summer tan.  That being said you want to make sure that you aren't super dark and your hubby to be is winter pale! That's one thing I want to really take into consideration when/if I do go tanning for the wedding, you don't want your pictures to look goofy Smile
  • I am going to try professional spray tanning at a Benefit location in Chicago. I have had friends that have done this and really loved the results. I plan to go about a month before my 12.08.12 wedding so that I am good and pale with no left over summer lingering tan. : ) 

If I don't love it, I will likely just go once or twice to the actual tanning bed just to get a tiny bit of color. I don't want to be summer tan in December because you will look odd standing next to your pale BM's and FI. Just a tiny bit of color to not get lose in the white dress. 
  • I'm planning to do a spray tan for my wedding.  I tan nicely in the summer but am pasty white in the winter and you can see my veins in my strapless dress, which makes me really uncomfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nay! I don't think anything is prettier than naturally pale skin in the winter. I think you will look beautiful being pale, but it is your wedding so it's whatever makes you feel beautiful!
  • yowen1yowen1 member
    First Comment
    I know you don't know me.... but good karma always cirlces! =)
    help me out....

I have an amazing chance to win a FREE wedding this 12/12/12. It's worth OVER $40,000.
    Please vote for us.

Click - www.genevawedding.com/vote
    Vote - Yvette & Martin
    Done. Easiest. Favor. Ever.

Thank you so much & God Bless You All
  • I will most likely be going tanning before my 12-22-12 wedding. I tan pretty well in the summer when I actually get the chance to be outside. With the insane heat (and lack of a pool) here in Kansas, I don't get the chance to be outside much. I don't want to look pasty/unhealthly pale for my wedding. Just a touch of color is all I want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_tanning-yay-or-nay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:4f971c38-309b-404d-b7ca-f41103f6402ePost:3f67267f-1419-4a37-891d-168aeb1a750d">Re: Tanning. Yay or Nay?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nay! I don't think anything is prettier than naturally pale skin in the winter. I think you will look beautiful being pale, but it is your wedding so it's whatever makes you feel beautiful!
    Posted by annamhisle[/QUOTE]

<div>Some people look amazing in natural pale skin- some people look like me, just ever so slightly green. </div><div>
    </div><div>I say, go with your gut. If you do tan, make it subtle.  I'll probably go once or twice prior to the wedding, depending on how my summer tan fades. Tanning's not good for you, but as log as you don't over do it, I see very little harm.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am personally planning on getting a light spray tan, I don't want left over summer tan in any of my pictures. Also I tend to get very pale in the winter, I am not wanting to look summer time tan but not white as a sheet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards