December 2012 Weddings

Another Introduction and a Hello =)

Hi! As of this week, I'm officially a December bride. My fiance and I have been together for a little over a year and a half (but talked a lot online for over a year before meeting). He proposed on New Years night. 

Originally, we were going to wait until 2013, but we are both in our 30's and ready to be married. We had initially wanted to do 12/22/12 ("the first day after the end of the world"), but it was difficult for some family members who aren't able to get time off before Christmas. I'm originally from northern NJ, he's originally from central Ohio, and we're both living in Pittsburgh now. So we decided on 12/29/12. 

The wedding and reception will take place at a really nice lodge at one of the local parks. It's a great space, and we can do anything we want with catering, decorations, and such. We're going with mostly ivory, with dark green and brown for the colors (the lodge is dark wood and rustic, so we're going with the ivory to lighten it up a bit). 

We are both big fans of horror and metal music, so we are going to add a few things in. We've got an idea for a zombie wedding cake, the invites are going to look like 50's movie posters (he's an artist, so he's handling that), and we're going to play some crowd friendly metal in with the regular music at the reception. And we are both Heathens (Germanic Pagans), so the ceremony will reflect that. His family is very Christian, so we're trying to make sure no one is uncomfortable. So far, everyone has been really cool about it. I'm just concerned about dress shopping. My Mom is visiting in May, so I'm waiting until then.

I guess that was more bio than intro =/ I'm excited and loking forward to getting to "know" everyone! 

Re: Another Introduction and a Hello =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards