December 2012 Weddings

Excited, bought dress today

First off, let me start off by saying I LOVE my dress!  It is Essence of Australia D961.  It was the first dress that I tried on (out of probably close to 50) that I finally felt like I was getting married - I am a bride!!

My issue is, I am stressed about the purchase.  I KNOW its the right one, when I described it to my bridesmaids who couldn't be at the store when I bought it, I got giddy feeling.  Large purchases are always stressful for me.  The day we signed on at the reception venue was hard and stressful too!

Has anyone else felt this way throughout the process?

My next stress will be not showing everyone at work the dress I finally picked!  They have been with me throughout everything so far - venue, save the dates, dresses in mags and on here, looking at flowers, etc.  I think my solution is to show them what I tried on tonight and just say that I chose one of them, but not disclose exactly which (i tried four or five on tonight, so it's possible).  Thanks for listening!!!

Re: Excited, bought dress today

• I'm an Essence girl too! (D1100). Your dress is stunning and I love it!

I feel you on the large purchases. I hate to see money leaving my account but just relax and try to remind yourself that it's okay. It's for your wedding and if you want it and have the money for it, it's okay to spend the money. 

Everytime we book something I have a little panic attack about the money, lol. BUT, it's always okay and it will be so worth it in the end!

That said, we have really priortized what we want and are sticking to our budget. We refuse to go into debt for this wedding!

Your plan for sharing with your co-workers seems like a good one!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I am very blessed that my mother and father are helping out BIG TIMe with the wedding.  So, they are the ones putting out the money more so than me.  But it is a little panic attack whenever we sign on for something.  Because I hate to have them spend so much money, even though I know it's not as much of a hardship for them as it would be for me to plan the whole thing on my own!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, they will be much needed at times!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards