December 2012 Weddings
Options

Snow?

I am assuming a lot of you, like me, are hoping for a beautiful snowy backdrop on your wedding day. I think nothing would be cuter than pictures in a snowy winter wonderland.

However, my main concern (other than a blizzard keeping guests at home) is what the snow might do to my dress if I take pictures in it. I would love to have pictures in the snow but I don't want to ruin the bottom of my dress (especially since I will likely be doing pictures before the ceremony).

If you are getting married somewhere where it is probable that you will have snow, what are your plans as far as pictures?

Re: Snow?

• Options
    Um... I haven't thought about that at all.  Personally, I hate snow. Since I'm from northeast Ohio though, I completely expect there to be some form of precepitation. I also plan on doing pictures first. My only thoughts so far, would be to be careful while I'm out. I'm planning on having a permanent bussel on my dress since I'm not a fan of trains. I would love to hear other suggestions though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No snow in FL so I haven't thought about this but I'd assume that the dry cleaner could professionally take care of your dress if you're just talking about a bit of clean snow. I'd avoid the slushy/dirty piles, lol!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    PS. We're all date twins!! ;)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My fiance was a bridesman in a friend's December wedding. For the pictures outside, they carried her (she jumped on her fiance's back) and her maid of honor carried her dress to keep it out of the snow and then cleared a spot or two for the pictures so she wouldn't get it covered. It made for some super cute pictures and her dress was just fine. To an extent, it does matter what kind of fabric you have how it will mark from the snow. I'd talk to your alterations person or the dress shop, they'd tell you what kind of precautions to take. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards