December 2012 Weddings
Options

Color Clash Question

My wedding is December 22, the day right before Christmas Sunday and will be at our church. The sanctuary will be heavily decorated for Christmas, and I'm really excited about that. I think it will look great withall the decorations and lights. My question is, their Christmas decorations are red and gold, and my colors are royal blue white and silver. Is this gonna clash terribly or am I over thinking this? What do y'all think?

Re: Color Clash Question

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. Your ceremony only lasts about 20 to 30 minutes anyway.
  • Options
    Thanks. :) I think I'm just stressing about how the pictures will look. But then again I'm pretty sure I'd find something to stress about, lol.
  • Options
    It's just one more unnecessary thing to stress about
  • Options
    I would be concerned about this, but that's just me. 

Honestly, I'd probably change my colors or pick something that "goes" a bit better. But again, like a PP said, your ceremony won't last that long. What would bother me would be pictures. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I, too, did a christmas wedding... My colors were silver and blue until I booked my venue which was all christmas red and gold.  I ended up changing all my colors to match the RECEPTION.  

I do not recommend changing your vision for the ceremony though.  It doesn't last long is true, however, the decor that you choose is more for the reception.  What I would suggest is to scope out a place to do your photos based on your colors.  So, perhaps your photos with your wedding party are at the reception which matches your vision.  

Also, others may fight me, but the only photo I really wanted to frame or display from the ceremony was a photo of my new husband and I and our first kiss.  I'm wearing ivory, he is in black and champagne, so it didn't matter what the decor was!  

Good luck!!!  I LOVED my Christmas wedding!!!  
    Amy  
  • Options
    I still think blue and silver are winter-y and would look good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards