December 2012 Weddings
Options

How did you meet your FI and when did you know you loved him?

SUPER fun!!

A little background first.  I'm a flight attendant and my FI is a pilot, the company I used to work for (where he still works) is a regional airline so the crew consisits of one FA, a first officer (pilot) and a captain (pilot). 

I met my FI when we were assigned to work together.  My schedule had been changed the night before, crew scheduling had swapped the charter trip I had with a normal 3 day trip (gone 2 nights).  I was kinda pissed because the charter was awesome, but what can ya do.  The next morning I was sitting in the crew room drinking my soy chai and waiting to see who I was going to be working with over the next few days.  My captain came in first, I had worked with him on the trip that ended the night before, he's a really funny guy and of course he had some sarcastic comment about my getting bumped from the charter and having to "suffer" working with him again.  My FI walked in a few minutes later as the Capatain and I were talking about the last trip, FI was taken by suprised by me because he had expected to work with a really mean/nasty FA (she seriously scares people with how mean she is). We exchanged the usual hellos' and I knew he was someone I had to spend time with, someone I had to know more about.  While we were working that day we exchanged a few flirty moments, but kept things as professional as things get around an industry with mostly male colleges who always have some kind of funny immature moment(s) lol.  That evening we went out to dinner and found out we had so much in common, we went out to dinner the next night also.  When the trip ended on the third day we exchanged numbers with the hopes of maybe talking as friends (in this industry it's hard to date and frowned upon to date within the company).  As we were walking to our own gates home I felt it, I knew I loved him, it was so hard to walk away from him not knowing if we would really see each other again for awhile.  Then I got a text message "I miss you...is that so bad?", I went to answer it so I stopped walking, before I could hit "I miss you too" he was right beside me, in the middle of the terminal he hugged me and kissed me.  It was incredible.  We have talked about it to this day and we truly both knew we loved each other from "hello". 

When I changed companies a few months later he supported me through the transition and 7 weeks of training away from home.  I could not of done it without him!!  I love him so deeply, when I had to quit flying it was the hardest decision of my life, but I knew he was there for me and always will be. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards