December 2012 Weddings
Options

To nag or not to nag??

I've given my bridesmaids a deadline to order their dresses and have sent them reminders every two weeks since I selected the dresses. I gave a deadline of mid-july and so far none have purchased as expected. I know they have until the end of July, maybe early August but I'm wondering if I should continue to remind them, if I do for how long? We're all adults, in our late 20s and I don't think I should have to constantly ask if it's something they need to do. I've already said if they can't afford it I have no problem with them removing themselves from the party since I don't have enough to pay for all of their dresses and I wish I could. So should I keep asking them until the very end or let them handle it??

Re: To nag or not to nag??

• Options
    I think it is ok to do a reminder as you are doing. But, if you want to remove yourself, do you have a MOH that can take charge for you? My sister is my MOH, and I was hers 4 years ago. And I took over all the ordering for all her Bridesmaides, I made sure they got in for their dresses, got their shoes, alterations etc. I kept the communication open with them so they would not have to bother the bride. I think it helped her. Is that somethng someone could do for you?
  • Options
    Do one more reminder stating the absolute last day to order, with the rush fee, should they wait (if applicable). Ten leave it up to them to figure it out or step down. They're adults, and you have enough to worry about without having to follow them around. They'll have the information needed, along with the consequences should they let the deadline lapse. After that, leave it in their hands. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards