December 2012 Weddings

Winter Wonderland Reception Idea

Hi,

We're considering a December (2012) wedding around the holidays. We are in Wisconsin, so we're pretty likely to have snow on the ground. We are planning a Friday evening wedding, which means it'll be dark at that time of day.

From our venue's Web site: "-THE WINDSOR GALLERY-
This room offers an intimate experience with private dining, large dance floor, floor-to-ceiling windows and full-service granite bar overlooking our stunning golf course and pond area. Accomodations for up to 110 guests for a plated meal (more for an hors d' event) and features gold Chiavari ballroom chairs and illuminated ceiling."

They provide:
"...white linen tablecloths, white or black linen napkins, white skirted and illuminated banquet tables (cake, gift, DJ, buffets, name cards, head table, etc.), round dining tables, cocktail tables with crystal candles, banquet chairs, easels, all white china,..."

I expect that we'll have approximately 75 guests, so we should have ample room for our reception.

I'd like to use a lot of the traditional Winter Wonderland decor like the branches with icecicles, snowflakes, and such, but because of the gold chairs I am thinking of bringing in some warmer tones than the traditional cool Winter Wonderland color palette of white, silver, blue and black. Perhaps some natural twigs, bits of red (berries and ribbon) and more gold to tie the chairs in (gold dusted votives, gold ribbon), bridesmaids dresses in chocolate or champagne. 

Last Christmas I bought all new ornaments for our Christmas tree and did a snowflakes, stars, and icecicles theme. It was absolutely gorgeous. I am thinking that I can expand on what I already have.

I'd also like to throw in some unexpected elements. What do you think of having wire deer? (Some could be animated.)

Natural tones:

Or an animated version:

Or I could go the white route:

Or the whole family:

What are your thoughts? Like? Dislike? Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards