December 2012 Weddings
Options

anyone understand?

This past weekend was a huge weekend of events that I have been looking forward to. On Saturday I had a wonderful bridal shower with 40 women that was beautiful, Saturday night, my fiancee's parents had myself and my parents over for a dinner and just a social to get to know each other better. Then on Sunday we had our engagement pictures.(I know they are late, but I wanted to lose some weight, so I did it on purpose)
So needless to say there was a lot going on!
And Friday morning I wake up with Pink EYE!!! I had never had it before I was at the walk in clinic first thing Friday morning and got drops and did all I could to get rid of it. I had stuff coming out my eye all day Friday. Saturday I woke up with my eyes swollen so badly that i could barely open them and they were as red as blood! The shower started in 4 hours! I used tea bags on my eyes and cold spoons. It worked surprisingly well. My eyes still hurt and I looked like I had either been crying or I was just really sleepy.
Needless to say my Fiance didn't really understand why I was making such a big deal, he said I was still beautiful blah blah blah. Of course I appreciate that, but I wanted sympathy for having a very uncontrolable thing happen to me. I know in the grand scheme of things it is not the end of the world, but does any one on here understand?
To be looking forward to events so much where you are front and center on stage and to have Pink Eye the day before!!!
I am hoping it is a clue that the worst is out of the way and it won't happen on my wedding day, or is it a clue to prepare me that it COULD happen then to!!!!??

Re: anyone understand?

• Options

I completely understand in your frustration and I’m really sorry that this happened to you, but I think you should look at this as the worst thing that will happen around the wedding. I am a firm believer in the power of positive thinking….which is hard sometimes, but honestly if we go through life worrying about what could happen we would all be messes afraid to walk outside of our houses / apartments / condos.

I have absolutely had a few similar moments through this planning process, but I am trying so hard to stay focused on the positive. I am marrying the man of my dreams and that is all that really matters.

Hope you start to feel better soon!

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Just avoid people and sickness lol!!! I'm trying to be extra hygenic and keep my students away because I'm so scared something like that will happen. But I agree with PP, you're having the biggest day of your life. Nothing should be able to phase us.....

That being said I totally sympathize with you!! I was freaking out because I'd lost too much weight and my dress was hanging off of me, I would've been uncontrollabel at that point.
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards