Snarky Brides
Options

OH NO SHE DIDN"T!?!

So I come home check the mail and to my surprise...

My 19 yr old cousin had sent out save the dates for her wedding. (I was unaware that she was engaged) And what date is to be saved??? October 2, 2010 MY WEDDING DATE!!!!  

Looks like a destination wedding in Gatlinberg,TN.

Well, I know she knows this is my wedding date because she attended our engagement party where the date was discussed and also her mom use to be a wedding planner and has been a huge help on finding vendors. So the topic of date has been discussed. I've been engaged since last March and the date has been the same since the ring went on my finger.

I can't even tell if I am hurt, angry or just down right pissed off. WTF??!  

It is a little bit about her choosing my date... but since it is in another state than where we are from... its something I will get over. What does get to me is that my only living grandparent happens to also be her Grandmother too. 

I think I am going to give it a few days... calm down, get together what I want to say and call her. 

Seriously though??? WTF?

?The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.?

Re: OH NO SHE DIDN"T!?!

• Options
    Meh, DWs usually have smaller attendance. SHe is making your mutual guests choose, which is rude to them, but whatever. No need to waste energy getting all worked up about it, because that won't change anything
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Yeah I think you need a few days to calm down before you call her. I would be pissed too that she choose the exact wedding date. Good luck.
  • Options
    Wow, that is just ridiculous! Now your family needs to choose one wedding over another and won't be able to be a part of both of your days. It's really selfish in my opnion. God, people are so ignorant sometimes. Are you and her close?
  • Options
    HOW RUDE!  and totally bizarre.  i think you are right to cool down first, but definitely call her and see what her deal is.
    Married 4/30/11
  • Options
    Have you sent out STDs yet? If so, I suggest you re-send one to her and circle your date with a big red marker. Then you should make a paper mache of her out of her STD and burn it iin effigy.

• Options
    I had one of my BM's want to plan her destination wedding a week before my destination wedding and I was PISSED. I know exactly how you feel!!!!
  • Options
    Cousin must be trippin.
  • Options
    Wow, your younger cousin sounds like a peach! I would talk with her or her mom (your aunt).  I'm assuming most of your family probably knows your date already since you've had it for so long.  Maybe one of them will talk some sense into her also.  To me it sounds like she has some wierd competative thing with you.  Or she's just crazy. 
  • Options

my 2nd cousin did that to me..
    she is only 19-- whats the rush is the pregnant? i know i am young-- but i have been engaged for 18 months by my wedding!

Good Luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-she-didnt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:03bed1ff-5475-4738-9150-284f8274568fPost:824accc3-d536-4538-bda5-4f649b43df0f">Re: OH NO SHE DIDN"T!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I was in your position, I'd send my wedding invites at least 2 months in advance.  She probably won't send hers till 6 weeks before, so if yours arrive 2-4 weeks before she sends hers hopefully people will RSVP "yes" to yours before they even get her invitation. Posted by lisarose7[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... they will already have the date saved, you can just poach them right back over to your side.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!! I think your subject title says it all. I would be livid!

I like noisy_penguins idea best!! Please do that lol
  • Options
    It looks like she is trying to get a rise out of you.  Do not say anything, your relatives will say it for you.  Word will get around.  Good luck 

• Options
    wow I can't believe your own cousinwould do that!  your grandmother will end up having to choose sides!  but maybe, if all your family was at the e-party when your date was announced they will remember you  announcing your date and be like "hey, isn't that _____'s wedding date"  when they get the save the date for her.  you were engaged first, you should keep your date and maybe she will have enough common decency to move hers.  If ya'll are close it seems like she would want to attend yours.  All of my bridesmaids are family members.  One of my employees got engaged a couple of days after I did and her and her FI apologized for 'stealing my thunder' so soon after I got engaged.  I thought that was sweet of them but I thought nothing of it.  now if someone took MY wedding date...I would be royally pissed and you have every right to be mad!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options

Why are you worried?  She is getting married in Gatlinburg.  Perhaps everyone can swing by Dollywood before. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-she-didnt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:03bed1ff-5475-4738-9150-284f8274568fPost:8b5229c1-fa30-49ae-89c6-9940a2e4750b">Re: OH NO SHE DIDN"T!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, before I even had the chance to calm down Grandma actually called me. She too was confused and a touch upset.   I guess my cousin has been on again off again with this boy for the past few months  and he asked her to marry him about 2 weeks ago.  Grandma had already called my Aunt to get more information. Apparently, my Aunt didn't even know about the STDs  and also included that my cousin doesn't even have a ring yet. And went on to say that an actual marriage between the two is highly unlikely. Aunt thinks it is just my cousin being "young and foolish" and probably completely forgot it was also my wedding date. Even though this makes me feel better.... I am still  shaking my head. We are not 12, were you can have your sleepover the same night as mine and it be okay. Thanks for the feedback =]    
    Posted by DKC1308[/QUOTE]

Wow, is your cousin 13?  Let me get this straight, aside from sending out STD's for your date, she is not techincally engaged yet?  Her own mother (your aunt) didn't even know about the STD's?  What a bright girl.... ::rolls eyes::

My advice: don't stress it.  It sounds like it might not happen and even if it does, who's being more mature about this?  Stay calm and don't go bridezilla and you'll be fine.  Sounds like she's just being really immature and idiotic.
  • Options
    She may be young and foolish but 19 is still an adult.  It seems like not only did she piss you off but completely embarrassed her family in the process.  I would be just as mad, but from what her mom told you, I doubt its gonna happen.

I say just ignore her and her antics and go on with your planning.  Your day is going to be great.  Dont let her ruin the process for you.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Wow, well at least the family seems to know that your wedding is the "real" one. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It sounds like if it does happen your family will be more inclined to attend your wedding because it has been carefully thought out and planned. Also, feel some joy...she's going to feel and look like a huge idiot when she plans most of the wedding and never gets a ring from the on-again off-again BF.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards