Snarky Brides

The world didn't end- It's Friday!

Last night was a lazy night, didn't do much, having cramps stinks! :(

Tonight we are going by my grandparents house, and then it's date night.

tomorrow H has to finish christmas shopping and then we are going to grandmas again to help her wrap christmas gifts. and then off to my moms for a grill out (tho I may be staying inside there if it's freezing again!)

Sunday is housework and relaxing(I hope!)

How is everyone else?

Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday!

• That sounds like fun, FI might come home tonight, (his schedule has been so unpredictable it's insane..) But I am excited about that!

I got the house all cleaned up and laundry almost done last night, I am almost ready for everyone to come and stay at the house.

I might go hang out with some friends on saturday, but that is about all the plans I have. I am just getting ready for my mom surgery.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Morning, ladies!! I'm finishing up some last minute wrapping before the non-stop Christmas parties start this weekend. I am very lucky to have a lot of people to celebrate with, but I'm overwhelmed already. 

Apple, what is mom going in for? Sending her lots of good energy!
  • Apple - lots of T&P's your way!

I'm only working for a few hours before going to the dentist. H's mom, her husband, and his brother are coming by tonight for some Harvest Chili I've got in the crock pot right now.
    Tomorrow is our family CHL class, and Christmas activities continue through until we leave for Arkansas on the 26th.
  • Morning! 

It's raining cats and dogs out there today and is super windy! I had an umbrella walking from my car to work, but I still got soaked. I hope this lets up by the time I go home. Fingers crossed that we'll have an early day today. And then I have a week off! Can't wait! 

Tonight I'm going out with my girl friends. We're gonna be classy and pregame with some wine and cheese and then head to a bar. Should be a fun night. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm jealous of all of your vacations!
  • So- After Christmas I'm starting my "diet" again. My goal is to lose 20lbs- H and I bought rollerblades(which is such a good workout). Anyone else planning on detoxing after the holidays?
  • Buzz - Cheese makes everything classy. Especially queso.

So I can NOT stop looking at dogs to adopt. We agreed that we are going to get McFly a brother or sister right after tax season (read: April 16) so I can really focus on training and such, but I can't stop looking now! Also the problem is that we really aren't picky on gender, breed, color, etc... our only requirement that it be around 30 pounds due to a lot of space issues in cars/house/etc. AND we will probably do what we did with McFly, walk into the first city animal shelter we drive by, walk down a few rows, and point! So research is futile.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-world-didnt-end-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0529ff8b-2e02-4fad-ad50-06ab217c5d8fPost:931bb830-8294-4114-98f7-497a4865c2eb">Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm jealous of all of your vacations!
    Posted by brittany634[/QUOTE]

<div>Sorry you don't have one :( Do you get a few days off, Christmas at least? </div><div>
    </div><div>I wouldn't have a vacation if our office wasn't closed for the week. I used up all of my precious 2 weeks a year that I get from buying our home this year, the wedding, and honeymoon. </div><div>
    </div><div>The week of Christmas through New Years is always the slowest and least profitable week of the year for us, so it doesn't make sense to publish our papers that week. We'd probably lose money. Therefore if we have no papers to work on, we have no work to do, and there's no purpose of having our office open. </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The monday before Thanksgiving they found a brain tumor.They are taking it out on the 26th. but last friday they found an abscess in her gums, which would have caused something that has one in five fatalities..

It has been stressful but they got the abscess taken care of and they are going to go in through her nose to get it out, which will be a ton better since this is her second brain surgery.. My poor mom has the worst of luck.
  • Swag, I'm jealous you're getting another doggie!!

Apple, good vibes going out to your mom. Good luck!

Today is going to be difficult. It's the first Friday I haven't had off or only worked the morning in months. My boss told me she's going to laugh in my face when I come back from lunch to rejoice my misery. She's lucky she's awesome. 

I did bring a hoodie to work and I plan on just putting my hood up and spending all day on TK and FB. I can't be bothered to do work. 

Tomorrow we're off to Syracuse for hair cuts amongst other things. FI is playing in Tuba Christmas and my mom and I are going to Hobby Lobby to pick up some wedding decoration things. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-world-didnt-end-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0529ff8b-2e02-4fad-ad50-06ab217c5d8fPost:25e2b0df-780f-43a6-a53c-23a8f57c5bd0">Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apple I am so so sorry :( Swag, you should get a Yorkie. Morning.  Just woke up.
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

MIL has 2 and SIL has 1... I really don't like them very much. We like the overall temperment of bigger dogs, and I've always been obsessed with Golden Retrievers (thank you, Full House). We're thinking maybe an Aussie-mix?

The reality is, we are 100% going to adopt from a city shelter, and usually rescue groups will take the dogs closer to purebreds from the shelter, so what is left is truly a random assortment of mutts. When we got MF they told us he was an australian cattle dog/ jack russel mix that would max out at 30 pounds, and when we got a DNA test done they told us border collie/ wheaton terrier, and he ended up being 45 pounds.

It's like getting the mystery Dum Dum sucker... you truly don't know what you will end up with until it's too late.
  • Apple, sending positive thoughts your way! 

cfn, is that your bridesmaid dress that you've chosen? If we went with AA dresses, that's the one I would have picked for my MOH's to wear. 

I'm jealous of everyone with dogs! H and I are hoping to get one this year sometime. But I first need to see an allergist to talk about getting allergy shots because I'm allergic to dogs. And we need a fence. Those things are expensive! 

• Getting a mutt is so fun! One of my roomie college adopted a dog and she ended up being a corgie, basset mix and was awesome. I think she topped out around 40-ish pounds maybe. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-world-didnt-end-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0529ff8b-2e02-4fad-ad50-06ab217c5d8fPost:68cb91c0-afa4-42a5-9162-fbbcbd1170d8">Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apple, sending positive thoughts your way!  cfn, is that your bridesmaid dress that you've chosen? If we went with AA dresses, that's the one I would have picked for my MOH's to wear.  I'm jealous of everyone with dogs! H and I are hoping to get one this year sometime. But I first need to see an allergist to talk about getting allergy shots because I'm allergic to dogs. And we need a fence. Those things are expensive! 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

<div>It is the dress we chose! In fact my salon <em>just</em> called to confirm how many of my girls were ordering through them. Two went last night to get measured and pay and they're holding off on ordering until all my girls ordering through them get in there. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-world-didnt-end-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0529ff8b-2e02-4fad-ad50-06ab217c5d8fPost:f27c99cc-fe25-4a40-bd1f-f6e7d8ac59fe">Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Getting a mutt is so fun!</strong> One of my roomie college adopted a dog and she ended up being a corgie, basset mix and was awesome. I think she topped out around 40-ish pounds maybe. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Almost every time we go out for a run or to the park we get compliments on how cute MF is. He's so different looking. Labs are pretty, wonderful dogs, but they all kind of look the same.
    And mutts are SO healthy because they aren't from a limited gene pool. MF would have survived the Mayan apocolypse for sure.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-world-didnt-end-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0529ff8b-2e02-4fad-ad50-06ab217c5d8fPost:e2d0942b-69ef-48c3-8079-594bb3af29d7">Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday! : MIL has 2 and SIL has 1... I really don't like them very much. We like the overall temperment of bigger dogs, and I've always been obsessed with Golden Retrievers (thank you, Full House). We're thinking maybe an Aussie-mix? The reality is, we are 100% going to adopt from a city shelter, and usually rescue groups will take the dogs closer to purebreds from the shelter, so what is left is truly a random assortment of mutts. When we got MF they told us he was an australian cattle dog/ jack russel mix that would max out at 30 pounds, and when we got a DNA test done they told us border collie/ wheaton terrier, and he ended up being 45 pounds. <strong>It's like getting the mystery Dum Dum sucker... you truly don't know what you will end up with until it's too late.
    </strong>Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

What a awesome analogy! Well whatever he is, he is a cutey.

AJ- Good vibes coming your way for your mom.

Today is just me and my 2 bosses in the office. My boss bought us a bottle of wine and a wine motif photo set. I may start drinking now!
    Cant wait to sleep in tomorrow and I have to get some cleaning done. Then off to Toledo for H's family thing.

We're still trying to figure out what to do with ourselves Christmas day. Maybe a movie?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Apple, best wishes to your mom.

One of the (few IMO) perks of getting older is no periods/no cramping.  It's been about 6 years since either one happened for me.

Ah a dog!  H is really into German Sheps, which is fine as long as it comes from rescue or shelter.  He's just not up for getting one right now.  But I so miss having one.

Our "snowstorm" turned into a non-event.  Barely enough to make the lawns look white, but we did get a lot of rain and wind.

Brit - yes, diet.  I need to see doc first since I think my thyroid meds need a major re-adjustment.  I'd also like to be tested for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.  Too many symptoms to ignore :(  But I will be joining our local Cardinal Fitness.
  • Thank you guys.

Yea nothing is getting done today at all..
    I just want to read.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-world-didnt-end-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0529ff8b-2e02-4fad-ad50-06ab217c5d8fPost:6f5c084a-3a79-4eca-82f1-99f52883fea1">Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apple, best wishes to your mom. <strong>One of the (few IMO) perks of getting older is no periods/no cramping.  It's been about 6 years since either one happened for me.</strong>Ah a dog!  H is really into German Sheps, which is fine as long as it comes from rescue or shelter.  He's just not up for getting one right now.  But I so miss having one. Our "snowstorm" turned into a non-event.  Barely enough to make the lawns look white, but we did get a lot of rain and wind. Brit - yes, diet.  I need to see doc first since I think my thyroid meds need a major re-adjustment.  I'd also like to be tested for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.  Too many symptoms to ignore :(  But I will be joining our local Cardinal Fitness.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

Ins't it the best! I had the surgery last year and havent had one since last November. My H asked the other day if I missed it, smartass!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kd - I think you would be a bad employee NOT to start drinking now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-world-didnt-end-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0529ff8b-2e02-4fad-ad50-06ab217c5d8fPost:92f08aad-147f-4f79-9f57-74f0a029aba7">Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you guys. Yea nothing is getting done today at all.. I just want to read.
    Posted by applejambutter[/QUOTE]

apple - Are you reading Let's Pretend....?

I started the Glass Castle last night and HOLY serious subject matter in the first 5%.

I want to read Enders Game, but the movie doesn't come out until next November, and I want to read it a little closer to then.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-world-didnt-end-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0529ff8b-2e02-4fad-ad50-06ab217c5d8fPost:aeeed28e-96ca-4924-a70b-bcdcd9412760">Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday! : <strong>Ins't it the best!</strong> I had the surgery last year and havent had one since last November. My H asked the other day if I missed it, smartass!
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

It 'tis, it 'tis.  I used to have such cramps and heavy periods that I thought I was exsanguinating through the vag every month.  30+ years of that was quite enough, thank you.

Tonight is my last night at work before a 4 day holiday weekend.  I had sick time coming that I never used during the year.  So it's use it or lose it, baby.  Since there's so much the doc is giving me until the end of Jan '13 to use the rest of the hours.
  • I have it ready to read I guess. But I actually started reading the fellowship of the ring. and survivor.
    I have a bad habit of starting too many books at once.

But at this point I would read anything right now
  • Morning!
    Apple - Sending good vibes your/your moms way. Hopefully all goes well.

Britt - The IUD is AAAAMAZING and = no TOM and no cramps! I swear by the thing. Also, yes to after Christmas diet. My wedding is in August and I've been slacking, big time. Back to the gym, running and bodypump I go.

Swag - get a boxer! We had two, and they are the best. We are living in an apartment now, but as soon as we get a house, we're definitely getting another. We had Kona and Ruca. Ruca freaked out at being alone, so we got Kona thinking it would make her better, no such luck though. So Ruca is now at my parents - she's the best thing that has happened to them since they've become empty nesters.

I'm shopping for FI tonight and already regret waiting until the last minute, again. I saw the traffic getting to the mall yesterday, yuck. I think I might get him a new surround sound or sound bar. Hopefully I can get it and a small something else while staying within our limit.

Tomorrow I need to get my homework finished and then Sunday we're going to FI's mom's for Christmas eve, eve. She usually just does Christmas eve but since it's on a Monday this year, she went with the Sunday. Works for me!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-world-didnt-end-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0529ff8b-2e02-4fad-ad50-06ab217c5d8fPost:3ccb311e-ae2f-4140-aab2-db4e647488f5">Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday! : What a awesome analogy! Well whatever he is, he is a cutey. AJ- Good vibes coming your way for your mom. Today is just me and my 2 bosses in the office. My boss bought us a bottle of wine and a wine motif photo set. I may start drinking now! Cant wait to sleep in tomorrow and I have to get some cleaning done. Then off to Toledo for H's family thing. We're still trying to figure out what to do with ourselves Christmas day. Maybe a movie?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd LOVE to start drinking now, but in my line of work it would be super frowned upon. Boo. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Tiffany - My FIL and other SIL has a boxer... y'all sure do know my family pets! Ha! Boxers aren't my favorite, but I wouldn't mind a mix. It makes me sad that they can't really run, because MF has run 10 milers with me before... he's such a good running buddy. Maybe I don't need another running buddy though!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-world-didnt-end-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0529ff8b-2e02-4fad-ad50-06ab217c5d8fPost:2f503a45-edbb-41c4-af23-f221956dffe8">Re: The world didn't end- It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tiffany - My FIL and other SIL has a boxer... y'all sure do know my family pets! Ha! Boxers aren't my favorite, but I wouldn't mind a mix. It makes me sad that they can't really run, because MF has run 10 milers with me before... he's such a good running buddy. Maybe I don't need another running buddy though!
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Kona ran - not 10 milers though, but a few miles. She was all about it. It's funny, Kona was way bigger and more lean than Ruca. Ruca was the run, thus, making her in your weight requirement. A mix would work! :)
  • Apple. TP to your Mom. We are going to visit FIL today. We got to experience the storm 3 times yesterday. It came through at home in the morning and then on the plane there was mad turbulence for about 5 min as we flew through it and then it hit here in Florida last night. I'm glad I am not afraid of flying because it was rough.
  • My wedding diet was stress from buying a house in the spring, wedding stress, and not eating enough because I was stressed out. Those things alone made me lose 5-8 pounds without barely trying. That never happens. 

Other than that I tried to stay with a low carb life style and refrained from eating unhealthyish food. It worked out well. I don't think I'll be that light again in a long time. After we got back from the honeymoon I weighed myself. I gained 10lbs and I haven't been able to lose it after almost 5 months time. 

January will be the official kick start trying to lose at least 5 of the 10lbs I gained back. 

• Low carbs has been the most effective way for me to loose weight too. Unfortunately, stress just makes me not give to cents what I eat and I shove shiiittttt in my mouth. It's ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards