New Hampshire

Dress Making by Dolly - Husdon, NH

Just wanted to hear from brides who used Dolly for their alterations - Looking to see how far in advance you started your alterations and does she press the dress as well before pick up?

Re: Dress Making by Dolly - Husdon, NH

• I had my first dress appt with her on 5/21 and my wedding is 6/15 (in 4 days!! ahhh) but anyways... she is great and yes, she is pressing my dress on wednesday morning and I will be picking it up wednesday evening =)
  • My wedding is also 6/15 and I started April 8, because I knew I would need extra time to be flexible with my own schedule.  I actually just went there today for my final fitting; she's a peach!

Dolly will press my dress on Wednesday evening, and I will pick it up Thursday afternoon on my way to my rehearsal :)  She told me that Wednesdays are her usual pressing days.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • I started my fittings with Dolly in June for my August wedding last year .  She did press my dress and steam my veil and she wrapped it all in a bedsheet for me to take to my wedding so it would stay pristine! She is wonderful!
    Anniversary
  • She's wonderful!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_dress-making-by-dolly-husdon-nh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:f81cb174-62d8-44de-a884-d2f53e473598Post:f36d460e-af87-40d8-84f7-1cf2e76e9a95">Dress Making by Dolly - Husdon, NH</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just wanted to hear from brides who used Dolly for their alterations - Looking to see how far in advance you started your alterations and does she press the dress as well before pick up?
    Posted by rpgkeg[/QUOTE]

I'm new to this board and wanted to lurk but I saw this and HAD to reply. This woman us AMAZING. My sister got married 2 years ago and the woman we ordered our dresses from ordered my dress 2 sizes too small! Dolly not only fixed it for me, it cost me less altering it through her than the other bridesmaids who just had to have the hem brought up. She is the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards