New Hampshire

Can you recommend a...

Travel agent?

FI and I have narrowed down our possible honeymoon destinations to 2, and we were hoping to talk to a travel agent about which might be the better deal, and FI just feels better booking our trip with an agent.  Any ideas? I'm in the Nashua. area.  Thanks ladies!
Anniversary

Re: Can you recommend a...

• edited December 2011
    Hmmmm ... good question. I know in 2008 when my cousin got married he used Simmons Travel in Pelham, however, I don't know how they weathered the recession. With the advent of sites like travelocity and expedia, the travel agent as we know it has changed. Now they're more like vacation companies per se. There's Garber Travel in your area and AAA has a travel agency in Nashua. I'd stay away from Liberty Travel, I know a few people who have had problems. My suggestion to you is to use a site like expedia and price out stays in both places, you may be surprised to see your dollar will go further in one place vs. another. We chose Mexico over Aruba for this reason. Travel agents used to be able to negotiate great deals, but with the travel sites now, their prices are often better than what a travel agent can negotiate. Talk to people who have been to either place and see what they think. I ended up booking our entire HM through our resort and got the best deal. It's even more expensive now! GL! PS: What places are you thinking of?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    I was having issues with a travel agent my parents had used before, so I found a new one right near my work. She was awesome! I had found Orbitz to have the best price on the trip we wanted (by ~$300 or so), so I literally walked to her office with a printout of the itinerary and said "Hi, we want to book this trip. Can you match the price?" Within 2 hours she had matched the price (and beat it by $10, lol) and was asking for a credit card to book the trip. She's located in the BAE Systems building on Canal Street in Nashua, but that part of the building is open to the public.

Helen Vacca
    Owner/Manager
    Vacation Bound
    97 Canal Street
    Nashua NH 03064
    (603)594-9874 agency -
    Toll free(888)594-9874
    (603)885-3838 fax
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My two favorite cats!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Don't use AAA if you are travelling internationally.
  • edited December 2011
    We used AAA many times for our trips to Aruba and the Bahamas....they have been great.  The last time our luggage was lost and the Nassau airport was no help.  They had no idea where it was but kept promising it was on its way.  We called out travel agent at AAA and within a few hours our luggage was hand-delivered to our hotel. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are thinking of doing an all-inclusive in either the Dominican Republic or Jamaica.  My parents did an all-inclusive in the DR and booked it online through Apple Vacations and said they were great, and my boss recently did the same.  FI said he would just feel better talking to a live person. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards