New Hampshire

Reception..

Okay, so we looked all over for somewhere to have our reception that we would love and would be convenient to the ceremony. We decided on the Crowne Plaza in Nashua. It sounded great. Everything we needed was included-the flowers, limo, cake, dinner, everything. I just had to decided what I wanted. So I went to the florist that they have a contract with (which I didn't want to use to begin with because I wanted to use a family member who has a flower shop), which annoyed me but whatever. When all is said and done for the flowers for my girls, the guys, moms, dads, etc.. I will owe them almost $2700!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! The flowers are supposed to be included! Come to find out it's only the centerpieces and the head table that are included. NOTHING at the ceremony or anything. 

Does anyone know if I'm in for any more surprises with them?! Or if there is anything I can do to get around this HUGE bill without giving up so much?! This is horrible! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception..

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you signed a contract with the florist?

More than likely you DO NOT have to use them for anything but the centerpieces. Make sure you read all the contracts closely. 
  • bklg1111bklg1111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I signed a contract with the Crowne Plaza. They told me I had to use their vendors. I'm not using them for all the flowers. It's just crazy that they told me the flowers are included and they're absolutely not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may have signed a contract with the Crowne Plaza for the reception flowers, but that doesn't mean you have to go with their vendor for your bouquets!  Unless your contract states otherwise, you shouldn't have to use the same florist for your ceremony floral needs.  Even if the contract does say "all flowers," since they're only your reception venue then strictly speaking, that would be all reception flowers - centerpieces, cake - not ceremony items.

I say to go ahead and go with your family member for your ceremony flowers.  You can give them good business, hopefully save money from what the florist quoted you, and things will work out.  Just make sure you're using the same types of flowers :)
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_reception-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:ff0b7ce1-e13f-43f5-a2da-e649cd85aaffPost:0cf873f5-3bf3-4fce-89ed-bbd2ddcf072d">Re: Reception..</a>:
    [QUOTE]You may have signed a contract with the Crowne Plaza for the reception flowers, but that doesn't mean you have to go with their vendor for your bouquets!  Unless your contract states otherwise, you shouldn't have to use the same florist for your ceremony floral needs.  Even if the contract does say "all flowers," since they're only your reception venue then strictly speaking, that would be all reception flowers - centerpieces, cake - not ceremony items. I say to go ahead and go with your family member for your ceremony flowers.  You can give them good business, hopefully save money from what the florist quoted you, and things will work out.  Just make sure you're using the same types of flowers :)
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

THIS!
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    That really sucks but at the same time it sounds like you are getting the best of both worlds- like PP said, you can have your family member do bouquets and any ceremony arrangements you might like and then use the "included" florist for the centerpieces. Sounds perfect to me.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the crowne plaza on 9/10/11 and I did not have to use their vendors. I was told I could use who ever I wanted to, but when I started working with them there was a different coordinator (Michelle).  Are you working with Kristen? I was having a ton of trouble getting in touch with her and planning meetings when she first started there but now things are getting better. Hopefully things get better for you too! Good luck!
  • bklg1111bklg1111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness I wanted to do 9/10/11!! =)

Yes, we're working with Kirsten. She has been pretty good so far. Which Package are you going with? She said that when we sign the contract all the vendors are notified and we have to stay with them. I figured that more would be included in the huge price that we're paying in the way of flowers.. 

Thank you everyone!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards