Snarky Brides

Re: Toodles, Whole Foods

• oh fnck.
  • i just heard about the owner's surprising political persuasion. Such a contrast to so much of his clientele. Good business move fella.
  • wowzer. i see  hemp anklets and birkenstocks rapidly walking away from his cart corrals.
  • a diet consisting of foods that are plant-based, nutrient dense and low-fat FROM WHOLE FOODS! At only $6/pound. Gee, what are people complaining about?I've always had a love/hate with Whole Foods anyway but this seals it. What a dbag. Sucks though because they do carry certain brands and products you can't find elsewhere. This is why I miss Wegmans.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Well crap.Mo, I bet a big portion of the clientele (at least at my whole foods) agrees with him, to be honest.  They just shop there as a status symbol.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • good point, SB. We've got one in the upscale, money side of town, and then another WH that is closer to a more liberal neighborhood.
  • Our WH is also in a hoighty area. Fortunately 2 blocks away is a HUGE supermarket that is local and rivals them something fierce.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Jerk.  The only thing I buy regularly there is nitrite free bacon and coffee.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • This sucks, man.  I really like WF and now I'm going to have to stop shopping there.  Goodbye, two-bite brownies...oh, how I'll miss you.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • I suspect that if we boycotted all businesses that had owners with personal poitical views that disagreed with ours, we'd had a hard time shopping. So true.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • i live not even a 1/2 mile from one, and we love(d) riding bikes to get dinner stuffs. good, your stupid organic shiit is too expensive anyway. i will miss the samples though....
  • What kind of dinner stuffs did you buy? Do you have a little basket on your bike?
  • WORD, Fallin. Plus it's well-known that John Mackey is a lunatic. I'll keep shopping there.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Thank you as usual fallin. gd. Boycotting a business because the CEO has the gall to disagree with you on a matter of political policy?! I mean, I don't care where anyone shops or why they shop there but what about a little freaking tolerance for different points of view? You would think this guy said poor sick people should be thrown in the streets and left to die.
    image Guess who?
  • I will certainly not be shopping at whole foods any time soon.  And this may or may not be realted to the utter lack of Whole Foods stores in my area.  But still, I don't need no Maverick loving, Sarah Palin sounding, Ann Coulter looking, Hannity watching organic food pushers telling me how delicious their treats are.  NO SIR!
    3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • just to play devil's advocate, many many conservatives LOVE boycotting products because of the political affiliation of the owners. Anyone remember when so many people switched to Hunt's ketchup because they were so up in arms about John Kerry and Teresa Heinz-Kerry? I do because I have relatives who did it, and probably still do.For me personally this is a moot point because i never shopped at whole foods, it's just not convenient to where I live in comparison to many of its competitors. But there will be people who will be swayed.
  • just to play devil's advocate, many many conservatives LOVE boycotting products because of the political affiliation of the owners. Anyone remember when so many people switched to Hunt's ketchup because they were so up in arms about John Kerry and Teresa Heinz-Kerry?And didn't all the liberals laugh at the absurdity of it?
  • True, Katie. I wonder if conservatives are still boycotting Disney for their gay-friendly policies.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • They sure did. My friends father works for ConAgra foods and was very excited because everyone was buying Hunts. I currently boycott Whole Foods. But this is due to the distance and the fact that an apple is like $6.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Except that WF has also aggressively blocked unions and engaged in sketchy biz practices. Plus there's the whole raw milk thing, which I just think is irresponsible and based on (willful?) misinformation. It's not a store I feel overwhelmingly comfortable with.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • We don't do our regular shopping at WFM by far but we get a lot of produce there, sometimes meat if Stop and Shop's looks particularly grody, the cookies in their bakery can't be matched, and their price on Popcorn, Indiana White Cheddar Popcorn is cheaper than S&S, so we'll get that too while we're there. And we'll continue doing so.

• So you want to come off like all those conservatives boycotting Disney and Heinz ketchup? I don't see how that is devils advocate as much as "oh huh they did it first."
    image Guess who?
  • The last quote is the one I take great issue with. Yes we should ALL be able to live into our 100s if we eat nutritious, wholesome foods...sold at gargantuan markup by HIS company. Surely eating organic fruits at $5.99/lb will solve all our ailments. Please.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Business blocking unions are shady; unions are often shady.  Shadiness all around. What is the raw milk business?
  • I think WFM blocking unions and, say, Walmart blocking unions are two totally different things. I've known a lot of WFM employees and I can't think of one who has complained of mistreatment. They have some of the best benefits around for PT work in particular and they don't yank people around on the PT/FT line, like so many supermarkets do (here, work 36 hours, but whoops, you're not entirely full time! Can't work that much? How about 6 hours a week?)Note: I have never worked for WFM but have several friends, including my husband, who have been both PT and FT at different stores.

• Not only that Bob, but some of that nutrition advice could kill you.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Please tell me stories about raw milk. 
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • Just the phrase "raw milk" makes me nauseous.
  •  Yes we should ALL be able to live into our 100s if we eat nutritious, wholesome foods...sold at gargantuan markup by HIS company. Surely eating organic fruits at $5.99/lb will solve all our ailments. Please.I'm not sure I understand the issue here.  I think it's fairly undisputely that we would all be much healthy is we ate more fruits and veggies.  Businesses are meant to make profits.  It's better than eating high fructose corn syrup sold at gargantuan markup by Pepsico or Sara Lee.  It's perhaps self-serving, but the point is legit.
  • Generally, word of a company trying to block unions makes me more inclined to sodomize them.  I mean patronize.  Patronize.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards